Chapter 3.

A/N: Quick announcement - This story is now uploaded on AO3 if that's your preference! It can be found under Aesthete under (please forgive this cringe nickname) bakubitch1203

-Now, continuing on with the story-

Jirou and I had initiated our game plan immediately, both finding ways for our quirk to compliment each other before we entered the building.

She plugged her ear jack into the wall, I had my hand hovering above her, ready to protect ourselves if Sero and Kaminari decided to launch at us in any moment.

She shook her head and whispered, "They're up at the top floor with the object. I don't think they want to come down."

A bit odd, but nonetheless, we progressed upwards occasionally making small talk and moving carefully along the ground. Jirou explained that Sero's quirk was projecting tape from his elbows, he was efficient at offense and capture. She mentioned how Kaminari's quirk, Electrification, was powerful, yet he could only hold out for so long before becoming "short-circuited." She giggled at that part; I figured she must've found his setback amusing.

I occasionally checked the status of my quirk by producing small violets as we moved on higher grounding before making a stop to the entrance of the top level.

"They're waiting for us, I think. Should we just barge in?" She asked, eyeing me skeptically.

I nodded, we had no other choice and I could instantly move Jirou out of their way or encase us in vines if they attempted to use their quirks. With that, we ran in, hearing Sero yell, "Get them!" I looked around at the relatively, empty room. The only notable objects were Sero, Kaminari, and this huge rocket-looking thing. I ran towards it with Jirou following closely, but felt the hair on my arms raise as a signal. Shoot. I wrapped both arms around my partner, creating a wall of vines just by thinking of them as it projected from my wrist bands and absorbed most of the electricity user's power.

"Damn it!" Kaminari yelled in frustration, but before I could process anything, I felt Jirou slam her body into mine, falling on me as tape flew directly above her head.

That was close. I raised my hands and pointed to two areas, one above each person of the opposing team. Come on, stupid stones, appear anytime now. Luckily, they did and I watched as the hard rocks slammed into their heads, resulting in their cries and creating an onslaught of electricity and tape charging at Jirou and I simultaneously. I didn't bother to think about anything but shielding her, I yanked her arm roughly and towed her alongside me, letting thick vines wrap around her. Running towards the object as Sero yelled in anger, I grabbed Jirou's waist and launched her in the air using the strength and sturdiness of a boulder in mind, watching her land perfectly as she released a war cry of happiness.

I hadn't realized that in those few seconds, Kaminari released his voltage anyways and I soon felt a sharp current running through my body. Shit, this really hurts. I groaned, my knees hitting the floor as I could do nothing but feel the sharp jolts flow through my limbs, making me feel as if I had been placed in a microwave.

It vanished after three seconds, and I heard a yelp as Jirou yelled, "Are you that much of a sore loser, you moron? We won and you still electrocuted her!" She was angry, but I didn't mind, I realized that he must've had his offensive tactic in motion without realizing we completed our goal. I tried to reorient myself into a calm state, summoning wisps of aloe vera to sooth my insides that felt like they'd been roasted.

I was staring at the ground, focusing on my breathing before I saw a hand grip mine and pull me towards them. I was surprised to hear Kaminari's voice let out a weird giggle and then Jirou's followed closely after. "Oh God, he short-circuited," she choked out and with that, she rolled around the floor, peals of laughter hitting the air while Sero joined her. I watched Kaminari, his eyes looking absolutely dazed with black marks scuffing his face. He flashed me a clueless grin, while holding two thumbs up and coming across as someone who was stoned.