Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6

A/N: This will take place from when she arrives home after the battle at Shie Hassaikai. In the real story, she still does her work study with Sir Nighteye, except there's no romantic implications involved between her and Izuku. She had been slightly distant from Bakugo because of the intensity of Eri's situation and her friendship grew stronger with Midoriya only because they worked so closely together, they both felt guilt for letting Eri go the first time and for understanding the complexity of working under Sir Nighteye. I've really missed writing about Bakugo and Florence, so let's get back to the original couple, especially for all my Bakugo stans. Also, I will write Denki's and Jirou's short endings in between Bakugo's, before finishing the last of the main story with Florence and Bakugo, officially ending book one! I'm sad but also excited for what I have planned in book two! I've been contemplating my next story (probably an AU medieval, royal MHA fanfic) to write about while plotting for the Aesthete series, so if you guys have any suggestions for future books, please let me know.

-

I missed him. It was so difficult to keep quiet about everything that happened since the first day I started
my work study with Sir Nighteye.

Losing my new mentor took a toll on me, I was oddly
silent when we were in the car on our way back to Heights Alliance, Izuku had fallen asleep on my shoulder and I let him, grateful that my best friend and I could be comfortable around one another, but for a brief moment, I longed for Bakugo to be beside me instead.

There were so many times where the explosion user would patiently hold me after his remedial classes, rubbing my back and shoulders as he told me about the different things he'd learn or do with Shoto and the others who were taking the course. I knew he was desperate to know why I carried a frown constantly, why I randomly bursted into tears one day when we were out on a date and I had seen a little girl with the same shade of white hair as Eri's. He never pressed for information, he just made sure that I knew he would always be there as a shoulder to lean on since he insisted that we "were stuck together for life since kissing him had basically signed a contract."

I felt bad, I knew that I could trust him but the weak side of me thought he would only judge me for letting Eri walk away with Overhaul because he wouldn't have done that. Katsuki is the type of person to fight for what was fair without hesitation, without letting anyone tell him what to do.

He confided in me two nights ago that he was slightly jealous on how I spent more time with Izuku now than with him, and I had to reassure him that I wouldn't ever see Midoriya in that manner. I was proud of Bakugo, he only truly spoke to me about his feelings and he displayed utter honesty, even if it hurt. He was also upset and felt like we left him behind while we continued forward with the work studies, he said he felt like he was just being an idle bystander to our growth. I spent the day smothering him with affection, showing that even if he got his provisional license at a later time, I wouldn't change my stance on how he was the most important person in my life that was far ahead of anyone in terms of skills and abilities.

This morning, I woke up extra early, feeling the same sensation of awe at how vulnerable Bakugo became when we slept together, he would drop the act of pretending to be unaffectionate while he always made me sleep with half of my limbs on his chest while the other half would be curled into his side. His hand would make its way to my hair as he played with it, finding different ways to massage my scalp or shoulders. The other arm would be slung across my back tightly as his head remained buried in the crook of my neck, his light snores would breeze lightly on the skin there, relaxing me to the point that we would both fall asleep within minutes.

I watched him for moments, heart warming at the lack of his furrowed brows as he slept with a soft smile. Slowly, his eyes fluttered open due to me pressing kisses along his nose. He gave me an adorable scowl, eyelashes fluttering lazily while he took a while to adjust to waking up.