Chapter 22.

I scarfed as much food as I could, feeling replenished as I listened to Izuku voice his worries for the young boy. Denki and Bakugo were near me, too busy swallowing their meals to pay any mind to our conversation.

When we wrapped up dinner, I headed with Jirou to undress and bathe in the hot springs. We were both covered in towels, but I was blushing slightly because I was always particular about revealing any aspect of my body. We sunk into the water, I lifted my towel the more the water obscured my body until it reached past my chest.

Letting the warm temperature of the liquid soothe my muscles and bones, I sighed happily, inciting a conversation with my favorite girl who swam near me.

I could hear the voices of the boys on the opposite end of the wall, laughter from both genders resounding through the air to create a calm aura of tranquility and enjoyment.

I heard our class rep screaming at Mineta, what was that pervert up to? I noticed Kota's small frame leaning towards the boy's side, a small slap sounded and we all heard Mineta's scream.

"Mineta really is the worst!" "Thanks, Kota!" "Yeah, thanks, you cute but angry brat, we totally appreciate it!" I cried, waving to Kota in gratitude.

He looked down on us, oh, crap we're all naked, he yelped burning with a bright red, he leaned back too far as he fell. "Kota!" I screamed, standing and reaching for my towel. "FLORENCE, OH MY GOD." Jirou's words made me realize that my entire body was revealed to my female classmates. I screamed, throwing the towel around me as I ran out, too embarrassed to respond to Jirou while Mina yelled loudly, "Wow, Florence, your body is so hot!" This has got to be the most humiliating thing, universe feel free to swallow me up anytime now, I don't think I can face them after that.

I made my way to the large sleeping room, texting Izuku to ask if Kota was okay. He responded, saying he'd call me right now. I threw on a shirt with loose pajama pants, brushing out the tangles of my hair as I prepared for sleep. My phone rang, swiping, I answered. "Izuku." "Come meet me by the woods, near the dining hall." He hung up, leaving me to frown at my screen before standing and abiding his instructions.

When we met, his eyes flew to my hair, scrutinizing it. "I like your hair down." He commented, casually, but the already flustered feeling I experienced from Jirou's stare at my body came rushing forward again. "No compliments, I've been through enough to leave me like a tomato today." I say, scratching my cheeks awkwardly as I smiled shyly. "Pretty. Beautiful. Intelligent. Strong. Brave. Responsible. Kind." His words were playful, eyes scanning me to see if I'd react how he wanted. Stupidly nice words and stupidly nice boy betraying me. My face was burning and I only pouted, "What'd you wanna meet me here for?"

He began explaining Kota's past. His parents were pro-heroes who sacrificed their lives to a villain to protect civilians. They were known as the Water Hose, and their names brought about their story as I sighed, recalling the events when it circulated through the media, "So that's why he's got issues with heroes? He thinks his parents chose that over him, poor kid." My words ignited an agreement from Izuku but also a determination that poured with his countenance. "We're gonna help him change his mind about heroes, Florence."

I nodded, "Yeah, I figured that much anyways. Let's go to sleep and we'll try tomorrow." We walked back towards the cabins that were beginning to radiate noise. "Goodnight, Deku." I waved, revealing a soft grin as I squeezed his arm before heading through the doors to my room with Jirou. "Goodnight, Flo."

-

We spent the next two days training from five thirty in the morning until sunset. Mr. Aizawa explained that we experienced enough to make us grow in terms of fighting with our quirks and how encountering villains heightened our emotional intelligence, but he also reprimanded us by saying we never had our focus on strengthening the physical aspects of our quirks. We would use this trip to ensure that we returned to U.A with double the power and endurance than from what we had when entering. Consequently, our training camp begun with a grueling work ethic.