Chapter 10.

I left the locker room with my gym uniform back on when I bumped into Shoji.

"Hey, Reyna, do you want to walk to the viewing room for our class to see the first fight?"

"Sure. Who's fighting?"

"Midoriya and Shinso from the General Course."

I paused, Midoriya.

I desperately wanted to rewind our friendship by one day, to yesterday when there was no tension or anger, no heartache.

"Actually, Shoji, I think I'll just watch from down here, I'm not feeling too good to be around anyone right now."

"Is it because of what Mineta and Kaminari put you girls up to? I'll make sure that doesn't happen again."

"Thanks, yeah that's kind of why I want to stick down here for a while and cool off."

"Alright, just come back up with the rest of the class whenever you want, Reyna."

"Hey, Shoji?" He turned to look at me, eyes scanning my expression.

"You're one of the only boys I trust from our class." I said quietly, giving the smallest of smiles. I meant it, his aura radiated innocence and kindness, no foul intentions like other boys.

He held one of his arms into a fist bump, I raised my fist and lightly tapped his, watching him resume his walk back to the class's viewing room.

I walked to a small, dimly-lit hallway under the stadium. There was no one nearby, so I didn't have to worry about keeping the passive face I've had for the past few hours.

I would watch Midoriya's fight from here, I won't give him the satisfaction that I'd be supporting him along with our other classmates from up above.

Of course, it's easier said than done. Shinso seemed nice, but I wanted nothing more than Izuku coming out victorious.

I wish I could've told him good luck, at least.

The audience quieted down as Present Mic introduced the two boys to leave from opposing sides of the dome-shaped building.

"Izuku Midoriya from Class 1-A!" He yelled, as I watched my curly-haired classmate walk out, a determined look on his face.

When he got to the inside of the cement box, he stopped, determination fading into a lost anxiety.

What's going on?

They introduced Shinso, and he strode in with a look of haughty pride.

I wonder how he'll get Midoriya to speak.

Midnight screamed for the fight to begin.

I tensed, watching the boys approach each other.

Feeling grateful that I chose my small corner of the underground stadium to hide and watch, I was within hearing distance of the two boys if I strained my ears hard enough.

"So, you can just give up, huh? That monkey was going on about his pride earlier." Shinso yelled, deep voice reflecting his feigned arrogance.

He's trying to piss off Midoriya enough to get him to speak.

Midoriya clenched his fists, arms shaking. Calm down, stupid curly fry.

"And that Latin girl, Florence Reyna?"

What the hell do I have to do with this fight?

"She seems like a pushover, but since she's cute, I'll use my quirk and make her give me a kiss, she seems easy anyway."