Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10

I was ridden with guilt for my harsh words to Myra. Even if I meant it, it was still improper of me to speak to them so disrespectfully, I was still just a kid who hadn't seen most of the world to speak down on someone who had decades of experience over my few years of life.

I apologized, but still insisted that I meant what I said about staying in U.A. Myra accepted the apology easily, only nodding and giving me an odd look before they all gathered in the large limousine that would take them back to their hotel for their departure two days from now. Avery had let something slip out, the agents needed to meet with Japan's Hero Commission before they could return to America, Myra scolded her but I didn't press the issue.

When they left, I apologized to my classmates for my cold behavior, explaining that I only did that to save myself from abandoning my family. They all forgave me so easily, except for Uraraka, she insisted that I needed to make matching jewelry with her in order to earn her forgiveness.

We were in her room, Eri was with us as I sang random songs to make her smile, she liked a particularly quiet tune with low vocals, clapping her hands and saying that she had never heard someone sing so pretty.

"Wait until the School Festival tomorrow, Eri! We've got a concert for you and I hope you like it, sweetheart. Deku said he's gonna get you a candy apple okay? But I'll be the one rescuing you with a brownie!" I poked her stomach playfully and the corner of her lips lifted up only slightly.

I couldn't wait to see her smile for real.

"Yeah Eri, and Florence's birthday is the day after our school festival, so we're gonna eat real good and she's gonna open up a bunch of gifts!" Ochaco said, carefully wrapping the silver-plated wires around the garnet that I summoned for her. I was working on my lapis lazuli stone and I had finished crafting a real gold necklace for Eri with a topaz stone in the center. She was now wearing it around her neck, toying with it happily while we spoke to her of random subjects.

"Your birthday?" Eri questioned, looking to me in confusion.

"Mhm, I'm born on Halloween."

"What's Halloween?"

"Just a holiday where people can dress up as whatever they want, you can go and get candies and watch scary movies, but we don't really have to do that, and we're gonna see places decorated with pumpkins and ghosts and cats, but you don't have to be scared because it's supposed to be fun for kids!" I tried cheering her up with the words, I noticed her face had sunken with the word 'scary.' I wouldn't tell her that Halloween was to actually celebrate the dead.

"How old will you be?" She asked, giving me a silver wire as I finished working on my jewelry. I was beginning to make one for Bakugo too, I summoned thin strings of Earth's gold as I wove them together quickly. I knew it was illegal to summon precious metals that sold for high costs, but I would make the exception to bestow my friends with gifts. His was a golden necklace with a single ruby in the center, I hummed happily before responding to the little girl.

"I'll be sixteen, it's a pretty old age, but not as old as Aizawa." I teased, hearing the laughter from Uraraka.

"Aizawa." Eri said his name with happiness, I knew that they would grow on each other the way he and I did, and for that, I was relieved. Eri needed someone as supportive and loving as Shota.

"Mhm, call him a grandpa and tell him I said that." Eri agreed and I immediately had to explain that I was joking because I didn't want to get scolded by my teacher.

Mirio came to pick up Eri, I gave her a quick kiss on the forehead and she was startled, but not in a negative way.

"Um, can I?" Her lips formed out awkwardly and my heart internally melted. She reminded me of my younger sister, trying to show affection when she didn't know how.