Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1

A/N: Hello, readers! This is the beginning of the end, but I wanted to add a few revisions and notes in terms of plot. I'm thinking of extending Bakugo's ending, I have so much more I want to add in terms of their development because they really are my canon couple! Deku would come second place for most chapters because I do love his connection to Florence. Also, when I begin other endings (such as Izuku's after Bakugo's) I will revise some of the story I've already written in those specifically new chapters, consider it an AU because she was always supposed to end up with Bakugo in my mind (really surprising because I personally never thought their dynamic would work.) I'll try and update as much as possible, feel free to comment any songs that remind you of the couples or my OC! I'm working on different art for Bakugo and Florence right now, and I'll try uploading as soon as I've finished. Thanks!

-

My mother insisted that I wake up earlier than usual, she dragged me to the restroom as we got ready for the first day back in class. "They're going to want to see you as soon as you wake up." I nodded to her statement, brushing my teeth as I stared at my half-lidded eyes and exhausted-looking complexion.

Bakugo's words still nagged in my mind, I tried dismissing the unusual sensation in my stomach but it proved futile. I couldn't ignore his hurt expression that would flicker through my thoughts, his rage as he screamed at me, the desperate latch he had on my shoulder blades. I also knew that the novel tension that existed between him and I stemmed from what I pulled back at the training camp, it was obvious that he wish I hadn't shoved him out of Dabi's way, but do I feel the same?

If only the League would've killed me, I wouldn't be feeling the negative void that refused to melt away.

"What's on your mind, kid?" My mom asked, brushing my hair affectionately as she met my eyes through the reflection in the mirror. "Nothing," I mumbled, looking down at the sink and gluing my vision to the drip-drop of the water droplets piercing the drain.

"You and Bakugo got in a fight or what? Or are you thinking about when they took you?"

"Huh? Me and him? No. And no to that other question, too." Her blunt words and my nervous tone gave me away as she only frowned and shrugged off my refusal to further that sort of conversation. I heard her mumble in Spanish, calling me a liar under her breath. I didn't give into her bait, only remaining quiet.

We were leaving the restrooms when I heard banging on the door. "Annalise, if you don't let me see your kid right now!" Mina screamed, and I stiffened, preparing for their attacks.

My mother laughed, swinging the door open as multiple figures were flying to my body, sending me tumbling to the floor. I blinked, panicking because I thought I saw Toga gazing at me with her usual malicious countenance. It was only Uraraka peering up at me innocently with tears streaking down her face.

"Florence, we missed you so much!" She cried out, burying her head in my shoulder as Tsu clung to me along with Momo. I saw floating clothes near my chest so I knew it was Hagakure. Mina had snuck behind me, holding me from behind as she peppered the top of my head with kisses.

"You're home, Flo! Come on, the boys wanna see you too!" Mina finished, beginning to lift me up as my classmates held my hands and pushed me out the restroom. I gave the wisps of a smile, feeling the panic of too many people ease as I became appreciative for the supportive girls that stuck by me since we met. I saw the group of boys towards the elevators, Kirishima and Sero darting to me at full speed.