Bakugo Birthday Special

A/N: This is from Florence's first week at U.A.

- Bakugo's P.O.V -

I slammed the top of my alarm clock, hearing the buzz silence as I threw my blankets off me, my mother was screaming at me to come downstairs.

I couldn't care less if today's my birthday, it's all the same crap to me.

I ignored her calls, getting ready for school as I wondered what sort of training we would do today. I didn't care for any classmates, only for being the best. If I couldn't do greater than All Might, I'd be just another weak extra who never amounted to anything. I walked downstairs, turning to see the same All Might decorations my dad buys from the market to celebrate the day my shitty mother popped me out.

"Happy birthday, shitty kid!" My mother cheered, pointing to an array of nice-looking breakfast as my dad muttered a quiet, "Happy birthday, son."

"I don't give a shit about today, but thanks." I deadpanned to them both as my mom began swatting me, we started arguing over breakfast and my dad simply watched in silence, knowing too well that interfering would be pointless.

"I got you a new console and the All Might figurine you kept searching for." Mom stated, pointing to the living room as I saw multiple gift bags, I gave her and my dad the fastest side hug before running off to the living room.

"I just got you some new earphones for when you work out and unlimited access to that fancy gym nearby." I nodded at my dad's words, lifting out the figurine and the console as I began making my way upstairs.

"Thanks," I grumbled out.

When I entered the class, Shitty Hair opened his mouth, "Bakubro! Happy-" I slapped my hand over his mouth, "Shut up, Shitty Hair, you should be lucky I even told you."

He whined, "But people should wish you a happy birthday, it's the manly thing to do!"

I rolled my eyes, "No, I don't wanna hear that cheesy shit." I made my way to the desk, eyes glancing over briefly to the girl who sat next to Izuku, doodling on her notebook as her eyes lifted up to meet mine. She didn't smile, but she didn't look intimidated or fearful, she only blinked, returning back to writing random scribbles.

I knew her name, but I had taken to calling her ugly because I wouldn't bend my rule of avoiding proper names, not even for her. She was odd, she never smiled and she didn't try to act pleasant or appeal to me in any way, the way most would. All that brat did was shrug me off and kick my ass during our first spar against each other. I respected her because of that, her facade of an indifference towards everyone without being haughty.

I felt someone tapping my shoulder, I turned, glaring and feeling my blood boil when I realized that it was Deku wanting my attention.

"What do you want, you damn nerd?" I snapped, getting to the point. He handed me a small box, muttering a quick "Happy birthday" as he darted back to his desk. I wanted to yell at him and wring him by his neck, but instead, I shoved the stupid box into my bag.

Class passed by in the same monotone manner, the lessons blurring into repetition and the extras all sounding the same. When the bell for lunch rang, I was startled by a body bumping into mine.

"Watch where the hell you're going, ugly girl." Her eyes peeled off the floor and met mine with my sentence. She rolled her eyes, "What's got a stick up your ass?" Huh? Who the fuck does she think she is? And on my damn birthday, too.

"Do you want me to kick your ass?" I barked out, hands reaching to pull on the collar of her uniform shirt, her brown waves cascaded over my hand as the same shade of chocolate blinked at me in boredom. She huffed, "You can't, remember who won the match we had." I let her go, surprising both of us when I pulled on her cheek. She finally showed some sort of reaction, her pupils dilating slightly as she leaned away.