Chapter 6.

A/N: TW - Suicidal thoughts.

The school day passed by rather quickly after Shota made that announcement. Everyone was brimming with excitement for the upcoming Sports Festival.

I was apprehensive towards the idea of participating in front of millions of viewers. Having them make comments towards anything in my relation unsettled me, and I gnawed on my fingernail as Aizawa announced that we needed to train with various people to prepare.

We were allowed to create teams of some sort, giving us the opportunity to find out how compatible our quirks are in different situations.

I hadn't really given thought to who I would want to work with; something was telling me to branch out of my comfort zone, but I was unsure of whose quirk was detrimental against mine. Going against a powerful quirk would be a reassured method of growth.

Sighing, I found my mind drifting back to the waves of anxiety flowing through me at the thought of having to have some Spartan-like battle with people from other classes and from my own.

I missed Aizawa's dismissal and the tape that flew around my waist, bringing me to none other than Hanta Sero.

I envied his welcoming grin that made anyone feel excited towards whatever he smiled for. He had that look on often, so it was hard to be irritable around him.

Nonetheless, I frowned and squirmed under the tape. "May I ask what this is all about, Sero?"

"You're on our team! Me, you, Kaminari, Bakugo, and Kirishima!"

I am? Says who, exactly?

"I don't remember being asked to join. Besides, I want the opportunity to work with quirks that aren't compatible with mine." I stated, then added, "Now please let me go."

His smile vanished, and I immediately felt guilty for being the cause of it. Would joining them be bad? Sero's quirk was a bit like mine in terms of capturing, my quirk could replicate Kirishima's if I surrounded stones from my body, and the only two that were a contradiction to mine were the two blondes' quirks.

"Sero, I'll think about it for your sake. Besides, Bakugo isn't keen on me being around him." I told him quietly, but Kaminari had heard and flung his arms around my waist, fake sobbing loudly.

"Who cares what that firecracker thinks? I want you with me!" He wailed while I patted his head sympathetically before asking him to release me.

Said firecracker heard the remark and used the opportunity to yell at me. "I don't want that shitty crybaby with me! Her ugly face is going to interfere with my training!"

I wish I could've felt insulted and belittled at his remarks, but the lack of disgust in his eyes tipped me off to the fact that he was only speaking crudely because he was a natural at it.

"Sorry, boys, but this goddess is mine!" I turned to see Mina tossing an arm around my shoulder.

Everyone's so touchy.

I hummed before slipping away from Mina's hold and walking towards my teacher who laid on the floor, waiting for all his students to exit the classroom.

"Sir?" I whispered, tugging at his yellow sleeping bag.

"What, Reyna?"

"Can I rotate with groups? I want the opportunity to test my quirk against multiple situations. Please."

"Fine, anyone could do that but I figured you idiots want to stick to the people you know. Good job for trying to branch out."