Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5

"Give me your stupid case, I'll be waiting on the bus." Bakugo muttered, taking my things as he boarded the vehicle, disappointment etched onto his face the entire time.

I sighed, wishing that I could find some way to make him feel better, since he found out he would have to take remedial courses to receive his license, he wasn't as hostile but there was still a seething rage to him when he spoke to Denki and Kirishima.

I looked at my card, chuckling at my beaming face when they took the picture. My hero name was written on it and I turned to see Izuku sniffling while he proudly showed off his card to Uraraka.

"Kid." Shota beckoned me to him and I couldn't fight how over-the-moon I was. I ran, throwing my arms around him as I buried my head in his lower chest, "Mom's gonna be so proud of me!" I cried out in happiness, and he agreed, "I'm proud of you earning it the way you did, I'm still shocked that you're the first student who got a perfect score on the final phase."

I blushed, pulling away as I waved my hand through the air in embarrassment, "Well, I only performed well because I have the best teacher showing me the heroic ways," I teased, giving him a slight jab to his ribs. He rolled his eyes, "Still as corny as ever, why do I let you visit my office whenever you want snacks?"

"You're the one who continues to buy brownies for me, mister, if you really had an issue, you'd ban me from the teacher's lounge, too." He chuckled at my words, but then grew serious.

"I have a feeling you're involved with the problem child."

I stared down, carrying the expression of a child who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. "So, are you?" Shota persisted, arms crossed as he analyzed my reaction. I bit the inside of my cheek, eyes flitting around him as I finally answered.

"What's the right answer?"

"Just be careful, Florence. If he hurts you, I'm obligated to act as your guardian."

"Sir, yes, sir." I gave him a salute, and we both entered the bus. I shuffled to the last row, sitting beside Bakugo as his fingers interlaced through mine. I knew he wasn't the publicly affectionate type, and I was grateful because I would probably perish if he was. Since no one could really get a proper view of us here, he took to bringing my hand in his lap, fingers tracing over the scar on my wrist as he glared out the window.

"Wanna talk?" I offered, but he only shook his head. He surprised me when he began glancing around the bus, Shota was facing away from us, talking to the bus driver and nobody else had ventured onboard yet. He grabbed my chin, giving me a light kiss on my lips as I blushed, shoving his head away.

"Pft, you better feel good after that, idiot." I whispered, giving him a slight wink as he rolled his eyes.

His hands were running up and down my arm and my heart warmed at the notion that touching me could bring him comfort somehow. It was ruined when Denki got on the bus and began cheering, waving his license around as Bakugo yelled at him to go die. Bakugo dropped my arm, shooting Denki the finger as he sauntered over to the seat in front of us and dangled his body between the leather, giving us a knowing smile.

"What's going on with you and Florence, Bakugo?"

I stiffened, leaning away from the boy with golden eyes as Bakugo scowled, "Nothing, Dunce Face, now mind your business and turn around."

"Is this true, angel?" I shifted my eyes from Bakugo to Denki, rolling them as I snickered. "It is accurate indeed, nothing is transpiring between this blonde cactus and my amazing self," I spoke in a faux eloquent manner, feeling Katsuki move his foot to kick mine.