Chapter 42 - Izuku 4

We were all gathered outside the police station, Izuku had halted any pretenses of avoiding affectionate gestures, he was too anxious to take anyone into account except for touching me, it must've relieved his worries temporarily. He had his hand wrapped around my elbow, fingers tapping lightly as Kirishima became excited for the upcoming battle we would partake in.

"So, you love birds are going to fight side by side? How manly." Eijiro commented, giving me a wide smile as I nodded, returning the gesture. Izuku sighed a soft yes, leaning his head atop mine as he began mumbling over our power moves again.

"Forgive him, Kiri. He gets like this when he's planning like the mastermind he is," I explained cheerfully, but I knew deep down I was nervous, Izuku must've noticed too from the way my heel kept tapping the floor erratically.

Uraraka was watching us two in anxiety, her and Tsu were also struggling with their own nerves, it would be their first time getting completely involved with villains that were intelligent and powerful.

We were now at the Shie Hassaikai headquarters, the entire police force ahead of us as I stiffened my body, preparing to attack at any moment. I had a feeling that this shitty organization knew we were going to invade, so we had no other choice but to directly enter.

Before the pro-hero at the front could knock on the door with a warrant in hand, Sir Nighteye tapped my shoulder, "Reyna."

"Hm?" I looked to him, one eyebrow raised in a demand for him to address whatever we needed to talk about.

"Be careful. You become irrational when you see people get hurt."

I froze, refocusing my vision on the concrete as I only nodded, the vines coiled on my wrists and ankles were ready to launch at any moment.

We heard a loud blast, and I noticed a tall man towering through, immediately Izuku and I got to work, rounding the police to safety before they could be attacked.

I flitted back to where Aizawa was at, he too had helped us in moving the officers and I gripped Izuku's arm, warning him that rushing into a fight wouldn't be beneficial because I saw the animated look in his eyes.

Ryukyu transformed into her quirk, a large dragon to began battling the man who blasted us away while she commanded, "Move forward without me, my team stays here!"

I shared a glance with Midoriya, we blinked once, moving to follow Aizawa as we entered the compound, "Stay close to me," he instructed and we obeyed silently, eyes darting around for any incoming villains.

We were inside the building, and I turned briefly to see the outside door shut, leaving us... trapped. That was what I was experiencing as we ran throughout the cold, barren halls. We were like the mice that cats had lured into their home, ready to play the game of predator and prey. I fought down the uneasy feeling that gnawed at me, only concentrating on one thing.

Finding Eri.

We reached a room that was filled with grand vases, paintings, and statues. Aizawa spoke, "Since we haven't seen Chisaki, he must be hiding Eri and putting everything important away."

"We'll probably deal with his best henchmen soon, he is going to need his strongest people to take on an entire police force and a bunch of pros, correct?" I asked, looking to see if I had at least contributed some sort of aid.

"Skillful observation, Reyna," Sir Nighteye commented, glancing around until our eyes settled on a shrine.

Izuku let his fingers graze my spine, giving me an encouraging smile as we turned to see our mentor pushing a panel of wood, the noise of a door creaking caused us to make our way towards it.