Chapter 46 - Kaminari

- Denki's P.O.V -

The movie was really interesting, of course my girl would have good taste in film media and understanding different kinds of movies. She was the best person to relax and spend time with next to Sero and Kirishima. Midoriya and Bakugo were alright except they fought too much and Midoriya spent most of his time muttering about his heroes, it didn't annoy me but Bakugo's reaction did.

Anyways, I typically get distracted with the way my thoughts constantly race, sometimes bits and pieces float away and I can't recover them to speak on my thoughts properly, I guess it was a side effect from when I short circuit so often. I was getting better at controlling it though, after Florence went missing, I had spent my time trying to train to the best of my abilities. Maybe then, I could protect her if someone were to ever try and hurt her again. She had become so used to my playful humor and constant teasing that it was a good mask for how much I worried about her. She's a strong girl, I couldn't doubt her for a second, but she's just as much of a great pretender as I am.

Since she reappeared, we constantly spent time together. I don't know if it's because I helped her with being so paranoid and worried all the time or if it's because she's in love with me. Kidding, I'd never assume how she felt unless she directly said it. I was already well aware that I would throw myself off a cliff if Florence asked me to.

I'm not like Bakugo or Midoriya or Todoroki or Kirishima. I wasn't going to be the greatest hero alive or the most intelligent person on the planet. I liked helping others, I knew that much, plus the glory that came with being a hero is something that always pushed me to try and do the saving. For now, my quirk overpowered my body and I'm barely starting to maintain a proper grip, most of it could be contributed to training with Reyna. It used to bother me at first, I'd get so frustrated struggling to keep up with her and the rest, they were always five steps ahead of me and it didn't help that they were so damn nice about it too, except for Bakugo.

Even then, the more I spent time with Florence, actually that's a lie, since she helped me on her first day of school, I was content.

I was content with the fact that I won't ever be number one or someone that people praise and admire the way we all do to All Might.

If I was only known for loving Florence Reyna and for being the most smitten dude on the planet, I would gladly accept the title.

I got snapped back from my thoughts when I heard sniffling from above me. We were in my dorm sprawled out on my bed. I had taken to laying my upper body across her legs while she sat casually, relaxing on my bed frame while we both faced the projector I had set up. I lifted myself to face her, scanning her briefly to see why she was so upset. My eyes flickered back to the screen before it clicked.

Oh, shit. The main character died?!

"Angel, wipe those pretty tears of yours, Mina wants us to have family night in the commons in like ten minutes." I told her, reaching my hand out to swipe the tears from her cheeks. She scowled, reaching to grab my hand as her mouth opened.

"Christ, I didn't know you were a rabies kid." I snapped, removing my hand away from her as she burst out laughing. I grinned at her bright face. What a pretty girl. She opened up about the insecurities she had with her appearance, and I understood, but even if she was ridden with scars and bruises, she'd still be the prettiest girl I've met. Right next to Mirko, of course.

"I'm not a rabies kid, you're the flea here." She muttered, giving me a light kick to my ribs. I pretended to be hurt, groaning while I crawled to her.

"Princess, your words hurt me so." I opened one eye to see her reaction. Her cheeks were tinged with red while she rolled her eyes with the ghosts of a grin.