Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3

I was in Bakugo's home, listening to Mitsuki and my mother talk about how they both raised "two dumb brats." I watched, occasionally speaking to Masaru Bakugo as he explained the ins and outs of working in a fashion industry. It wasn't a topic that bored me, my older sister wanted to work as a fashion designer for her career dreams, so I knew I could relay some helpful tips back to Isabella.

"Shitty girl, do you want some more syrup? You put a little bit and that shit is weird." Katsuki snapped, flicking open the bottle as he doused my pancake with the sweet liquid. I huffed, raising my hand to flick his forehead, "I'm not trying to die from a sugar overload, blonde cactus." He started screaming at me, with something along the lines of, "What the hell did you just call me?" but it was muffled since I grabbed a slice of bacon and jammed it into his mouth.

Masaru and my mother attempted to contain the laughter while Mitsuki guffawed loudly, egging me on as Katsuki and I began to argue back and forth. We decided to end the fight by tugging on each other's cheek in unison, eyes meeting too long as I turned bright red and recalled his words from last night.

"I love you." His face was so serious the entire time, as if he wanted me to believe with everything in him that he meant it. I remember the way he held on tightly to me after before going to bed, how it was almost as if he desperately clinging to me, refusing to let me slip away. I didn't want to, anyways.

I glared at the boy beside me on the kitchen table, flicking his forehead lightly as I muttered low enough for him to hear, "You've gotta stop looking at me like that." Katsuki only smirked and pulled on my earlobe, causing me to nearly choke on the pancake I put into my mouth.

Mitsuki kissed my cheek before we left, whispering in my ear, "You make him so happy, you should've seen how he was when you were gone, I'm glad you're home." I pulled back, smiling at her and agreeing that I was as equally joyous to be where I belonged.

We were getting ready to board the bus, Aizawa was rushing us inside so we can start heading to the testing site, and my mother wished Bakugo and I good luck before heading back to the dorms. I was stepping onto the bus when arms latched to my waist, "Denki?"

"You promised to sit with me! Come on, let's go!" He was already pulling me towards a seat, I turned to look back at Bakugo when I saw that he was glaring at the electric user in rage. "Um, Denki look-"

"It's fine. Sit with me on the way back." His compliance to Kaminari's commands surprised me, I cocked my head at the red-eyed boy. "Are you sure, Bakugo?" I whispered, eyes scanning him all over. He nodded and I did the same, turning to follow Denki as we sat in the last bus row. I stayed by the window while he chattered happily. We were talking about the theoretical contents of the exam while he slipped an earphone to me, letting me listen to songs that he claimed would 'hype us up' because Jirou had made the playlist.

"So Flo, tell me something."

"Hm?"

"Do you have a crush on Bakugo?"

I glanced at Kaminari, raising my eyebrows in surprise. I giggled, nudging him with my shoulder as I spoke, "Oh yeah, I'm totally head over heels for him." I mimicked a starstruck girl, pressing the back of my hand against my forehead as I sighed dramatically, "He's the apple to my eye! The oxygen to my lungs! The-"

Kaminari put his hand over my mouth, laughing loudly at my dramatic portrayal of a girl in love. "Next time, remind me not to ask you anything before you go around acting like that, we're best friends but you can't embarrass me, angel!" I rolled my eyes at his whining, gripping his wrist to remove it from my mouth, "You know, I've always wondered where I could buy those little flea removal sprays, I'm gonna need it with you."