Chapter 25.

So that's how my body was crushed into an unrecoverable state, how am I still moving? Whatever they had given me earlier through the injection had faded away, leaving me to a shell, a hollowed being, unable to comprehend what would happen to me.

My quirk, it was feebly attempting to soothe me, to begin fixing the damage, and I allowed it because I was flooded with the stench of blood, injury, and teetering on the edge of death. My lungs and internal organs were the only things intact. I sighed, lifting a finger to weakly scratch at the cement I lied on.

I'm not being saved. I'm going to die.

The memories of the last day had finished rushing forth, and my blurred vision only cleared slightly to watch the way Toga still prowled on me, watching me with glee. For a brief second, her face contorted to pity.

Should I keep counting? Don't count anymore, don't trust anyone, you can barely trust yourself, you're pathetic. I know.

Shigaraki must've thought I didn't hear the next words he muttered to Toga, or himself, I couldn't tell. "Master said if this didn't work, we have to turn her into a Nomu. Her quirk is too powerful to go back to U.A."

A Nomu? The fear I caved into earlier began to whine, demanding that we stand, no matter the cost and die. I wouldn't resort to being turned into a monster, an unrecognizable version of myself.

He exited the blackened room with the young girl. I sighed, attempting to move my limbs and see if I had anything to work with. Although they were broken, they still had a decent range of motion to them, these idiots didn't know how to harm me properly, if I was capable of movement, then they failed at whatever the hell their task was.

I couldn't mull on what they did previously, if my thoughts lingered on it too long, I would fall into a surpassing hopelessness, one I would never recover from.

I need to go home. You don't belong anywhere, only six feet under.

It seemed I had a new friend to welcome inside my head, the voice from my childhood and present had morphed into an escalated version of herself, she molded with fear to turn into a plague. One that countered every thought my somewhat normal consciousness had.

I shut my eyes momentarily, only concentrating on nothing but the ground and the black hole that littered my mind.

I was still high up in the same building, only a floor below where I first awoke. I pressed my ear closer to the cement, begging my quirk to let me hear the outside world as I plugged a vine into the cement, hoping it could work its way down to the ground. Moments passed, and my vine finally reached solid soil. I transferred some of the nutrients from the ground to my body, feeling energy simmer through my muscles in the smallest amounts.

From the vibration of the ground, I wasn't familiar with the terrain of this city. This wasn't Musutafu, it wasn't near the camping lodge with the Wild, Wild, Pussycats either. Where the hell am I?

I dissipated the vine, opening my eyes and breathing slowly because the door slammed open. Dabi walked in, revealing keys as he toyed with the entrance to my cell. "Come on, kid, you're needed upstairs." I watched, remaining silent.

He kneeled to the ground, tucking his arms under my body as he lifted me up. "Just drop me, burnt bitch. I'd rather crawl." I barked out, he ignored me, walking out into the hall through the makeshift door from my failed attempt at an escape. He placed me back in the seat, I was suspicious because he no longer carried the same heavy blows or rough animosity from the beatings I took.

Don't trust anyone.

I was in new cuffs, my shorts were shredded at the hems, and my sweatshirt had holes in it from Dabi's flames. I summoned the healing qualities of every plant I knew to soothe my injuries somehow while I focused on not bringing any attention to what I was doing. I glanced at Twice and Spinner, they hadn't participated in any of the things the others did to me, both men left, shouting that it was too much. Neither of them didn't stop them, though. But for now, the pair were the only ones I could tolerate looking at.