Chapter 20.

"Denki, move out of the damn way!" I screamed, wrapping a vine around his waist and moving him from the wrecking ball that showed no mercy.

Principal Nezu's quirk was his intelligence, and because I always believed brain over brawn, I knew he would give us a difficult time. We were walking through the industrial complex of our area, heading towards the exit while looking for the mouse of our staff everywhere.

He appeared with a large construction machine, and that's how I knew we were screwed if Mina and Denki didn't dodge the falling debris or the large, metallic ball itself. I racked my head for any ideas on how to stop Nezu controlling the machine.

Endeavor told me that most metals derive from nature.

"Guys, keep running ahead. I'm gonna do something. Mina, if I destroy the wrecking ball, use your acid to destroy structures of buildings behind you and allow them to collapse. Nezu will get stuck, if he tries jumping to another machine, Denki over-circuit the wires with a single shot. " I told them, to which they both immediately agreed.

Izuku taught me this.

I crouched, like a predator targeting its prey as I jumped to the sides of the walls, landing on the ball as Nezu swung it towards me. My foot twisted slightly, but I ignored the pain, pressing my fingertips to the metallic surface as I concentrated.

Everything is essentially from the Earth. Endeavor and Shoto encouraged me to try and manipulate anything.

The metal abided to my wishes and immediately separated itself from the chain, dissolving and creating large swirls of air that blocked Nezu's eyesight.

I jumped off, "Mina, go!" The structures were falling at her touch as I swung my vines to fly over the collateral damage. Denki hopped in the air as his arms wrapped around my waist, allowing us to land smoothly on the ground.

Immediately, we began running towards the middle of the area, sprinting with as much force as we could.

"Good job, angel. We're gonna have so much fun at camp!" Denki cried out excitedly, Mina followed with her words of gratitude for my plan. They were immediately cut off when the buildings around us started detonating and pieces of glass and metal flew at us in all directions.

"Mina! Denki!" I yelled, jumping on the two as I encased a small stone hut to shield us from the rapidly flying material.

When the worst of the impact seemed to be over, I lifted myself off of them. "Damn Nezu, he's got so many tricks up his sleeve." I muttered, dusting off the dirt from myself and the electric user who seemed too terrified to do anything.

I lowered the stone walls, rotating my body to see all the damaged buildings that surrounded us. "We're gonna fail if we don't get out of here soon!" Mina sobbed, clinging to one shoulder while Denki mimicked her moves and clung to my other. Crap, what do I do now? I dragged my hand across my face momentarily, attempting to gauge our circumstances.

"Alright. I'm going to try and move as much metal out of the way, when I can't anymore, I'll toss you two to the gate with my vines. Denki if you see Nezu, let me know and attack. Mina, your acid might make the structures hurt us more so just carefully lift the pieces with your hands."

I wasn't sure how much time we had left, so I used my vines to carry as much rubble as possible while melting the metal beams to clear a pathway to the exit. My energy was seeping and pieces of my skin showed blood from my disregard to my own body, but I ignored it all. I needed to win.

"Nezu's here!" Denki and Mina called to me while pointing in the direction of a new machine towing its way to our path. "Shoot the machine, Denki. Mina, step away his electricity might hurt you." Denki let out a war cry while the air because tense, I heard the zapping noise from his finger, but Mina and I didn't prepare ourselves enough. I encased her in vines as she squeaked, falling to the floor while her skin tinged in the slightest and I soon followed, feeling the current run through my body as I hissed in pain. Things were silent, momentarily, I knew the plan worked but the cost was Mina's strength and mine, Denki was short-circuiting so he wouldn't be able to help us anymore either.