Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8

I was sitting on the sidewalk, watching the way water flowed down the sewer systems, the cracks between the cement and the gravel of the road weren't too wide, but if I really wanted to, I could slide down those holes into the underground.

Nah, it probably stinks.

I sighed, standing to make my way to the center where Bakugo and Todoroki were at. All Might had invited me to view a particular event for their remedial courses, a classroom full of children would be their biggest feat yet.

I wasn't going on time, I had my own training in mind so I sparred with Izuku beforehand. I was in my workout clothing, simple leggings and a loose shirt. My hair was flying about with the autumn wind, and I would have to spend minutes trying to get it to stop frizzing around before I arrived at the location All Might had texted to me.

It was a large building, something typical to a dome that would cater to many as a crowd. I entered, tightening the jacket around my frame while I tried to fight off the shivering from the newfound cold. It was never this cold for me back in America, so I'd have to seek some sort of adjustment for the way my bones seemed solidified. I waved to All Might's thin body, he was sitting next to Endeavor as I made my way up the bleachers. I could see children yelling at Bakugo while he screamed at them, Todoroki had little girls clinging to his legs while the pretty Camie was near the loud, shaved guy who kept screaming like Bakugo except in a friendlier manner.

"All Might! Endeavor." I nodded to the two number one heroes, shaking Shoto's father's hand and giving a slight fist bump to All Might.

"Young Reyna, how have you been?"

"Good, sir. Just the usual training, we're planning for the School Festival."

Endeavor peered at me through his deep-set eyes, "Reyna, good to see you."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I knew that Endeavor was currently struggling through amends and forging some sort of bond between his children and himself, Shoto explained that he wanted reconciliation and proof that he was working towards becoming a better person. I wasn't too fond of the idea, but I couldn't exactly look down on someone that wanted to be better.

"Old man, how's life faring the number one hero?" My voice was airy, I wanted him to know that even if I didn't trust him, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt for his own sake.

"I see you're as snarky as you've always been, I'm doing alright I suppose."

I hummed, signaling that I understood while I hopped over the row in front of me to get settled in my seat.

"Young Reyna, your classmates are struggling to understand these problematic children, the whole point of this remedial course is to get the children to behave differently. How would you go about this?"

I took in All Might's words, contemplating my response. If I was in Bakugo's shoes, I'd definitely wring the children by their necks and knock some sense into them. Actually, I would approach them differently, turn their bad into good and show them that they can enjoy themselves without being a headache. Typically, I'd resort to scolding them harshly only because my mother raised me that way, but no kid would really appreciate that in the slightest. Children weren't hard to understand, but the entire world made it seem like they were some foreign creatures with an unintelligible agenda when in reality, all they wanted was to be heard.

Before I could formulate a response, we were all listening intently to the way Bakugo was cursing the children for stealing his gauntlets and insisting that the group kicks their ass. I laughed loudly, covering my mouth to not notify Bakugo of how I was watching his behavior with the poor kids.