Chapter 4.

"You need to be careful today."

Who was that? I glanced around, surprised to find myself sitting on a black carpet, staring into a dark abyss and seeing nothing but the texture of what I sat on.

"Please, trust me. Look out for yourself, the others will be okay."

"What the hell are you refer-" I was cut short, feeling a liquid slip from my mouth. Is that blood? I was confused, the last thing I remembered was Aizawa standing by my doorway with the moonlight illuminating his serene face, releasing a short laugh when I insisted that it was fine for him to share daily lectures with me beforehand so I can get ahead. Dismissing the idea, he started mentioning improvements for my fighting skills. In all frankness, I wasn't listening so his gruff voice soothed me to sleep.

I get it. This is a dream.

"I wouldn't exactly call it that, you'll be gone soon. Keep in mind that you need to value your existence." The voice wasn't angry, the feminine tone sounded as if she were on the verge of tears, but I couldn't pinpoint why.

How cryptic.

"Don't worry about me. It's a regular day, so I'll be good," I reassured; I knew I should've been demanding of who she was and why she was speaking to me this way, but quite frankly, something told me I wouldn't get any answers, only frustration.

My eyes flew open as I felt blood dripping from my nose. Sighing, I got up and went to the restroom to clean up and get ready for my second day of school.

-

After I had finished cooking eggs for Shota, I ran to school because the nosebleed set off my schedule and made me a bit late. Approaching the doorway to the building entrance, I heard a voice calling my name.

"Reyna, you're late too! Come on, my little angel!" Mina had given me way too many nicknames since the last twenty-four hours, but I accepted them all. Last night, she added me to a messaging group chat with the girls and although I barely responded, I was pleased when Jirou called to see how my injuries were.

We talked for a good thirty minutes, and by talk I mean she played music in the background as she created most of the conversation. I hope she doesn't think I'm rude for barely speaking. Since yesterday, the amount of times I've had to hear my voice was more than what I've said since I stopped going to public school when I was fourteen; there was something that made me want to smile at the thought and at seeing Jirou wave frantically while jogging alongside Mina. She nudged my shoulder with hers as we approached our classroom. "Your forehead is all better. That's good to see," she spoke happily, giving me a small smile. I agreed with a nod, and when we entered I could hear Mina debating whether my nickname would become "Plant Momma" or remain as "my little angel."

The air was lighter and a bit carefree in the classroom today, I immediately grew reassured yesterday that I would like spending time with Class 1-A, and I knew that even angry, temper-tantrum throwing boys like Bakugo wouldn't ruin my newly revived spirit.

The morning passed by rather quickly.

I waved to Midoriya entering, but we hadn't spoken much since Iida had a bit to say to him throughout our morning classes. When we were dismissed for lunch, he grabbed my hand and asked, "Rey- I mean Florence?" I glanced at him, watching the way his cheeks were scattered with patches of pink. "Yes?"

"I didn't get to tell you yesterday, but you know, you can call me Izuku. I'm not saying this because of what you told me yesterday, but we're friends right?"

I stared, eyes wide. Recalling Aizawa's response when I asked why I had to refer to people by their last names, he told me that it was because a first name was only used between those you consider friends, or even closer. It was a form of intimacy in the sense that our first names connected us through the mutual acceptance of one another.