14. Our Day of Love

Assalamu Alaikum,

As always Obligations to Allah befor reading.

And Pardon me about their cooking disaster below. I dont know a thing about cooking. And so they can't either. But who cares, its called fiction for a reason;)

“Hifza, why did you put two spoons of yeast?” Ehsaan asked seeing the batter harden.

“Didn’t you just read it out?” Hifza snapped vigorously trying to stir the now hardening batter.

“No I didn’t” Ehsaan denied.

“Yes you did. You pointed out two spoons of sugar and yeast and then stir” Hifza pointed.

“Yes I said two spoons of sugar and then yeast” Ehsaan said.

“How am I supposed to know how much yeast to add and you didn’t say then did you?” Hifza argued.

“Its fourth grade science that we should only add a pinch of yeast” Ehsaan countered.

“Exactly, it’s fourth grade science. How will I remember?” Hifza argued.

“Anyways let’s try if the soya sauce loosens it” Ehsaan recommended.

“Are you sure?” Hifza asked pouring the sauce before Ehsaan even answer.

“I didn’t even answer” Ehsaan said as he saw the weird things happen to the batter. Hifza put her finger in the semi solid flexible batter and licked it with wary eyes. Ehsaan was ready to help her if she threw up. But to his surprise her eyes lighted up.

‘It’s actually good Ehsaan. Try this” she put her finger in the batter and extended it for him. Ehsaan raised an eyebrow but licked it nonetheless.

“Ewe, did you have to lick it?” Hifza said wiping her fingers with a tissue while Ehsaan was surprised to find the batter taste good.

“You were the one who offered. But still the batter tastes edible” Ehsaan said. Of course he is a man and will never give out complements fully.

“Yep, so read what next?” Hifza chirped.

“It say we must take a small ball of the batter, the spread it and then fry it in the oil we are heating” Ehsaan said.

“Okay, here is the said ball but how to spread it?” Hifza asked.

“It shows some sort of stick here. But we don’t have it” Ehsaan said as he looked around few time. Then he took a small saucer and then put the ball on it. Then he massaged the ball until it spread on the saucer. Then he peeled the batter from it.

“Ma sha Allah, impressive” Hifza appreciated as she took it from Ehsaan.

“Wait” Ehsaan said before she put it in the oil.

“We added soya sauce. It’s not in the recipe. We must check if there is any side effect” he said and took a small piece of batter and dropped it in the oil carefully. Due to the excessive yeast, the small piece of batter bloomed to half the size of the pan. Ehsaan and Hifza looked at each other and at the big spread out batter in their hand. And both burst into laughter thinking about the disaster, had they put it into the oil. They reduced the size of the batter and patiently fried it one by one. At the same time they took secret bites of the unknown dish they made, while the other one is not looking. But both of them were aware of the bites the other took.

The dinner was carried out in the comfort of the floor. Since there was no dining table, they just laid an extra blanket on the floor and sat down to have dinner. They successfully avoided the awkward silence by discussing about the architecture of this place. Ehsaan was gushing about the extraordinary idea of building the houses in random order to reduce destruction. When Hifza inquired about the reason, Ehsaan explained how the place was prone to heavy rain and mild earthquakes. He also explained that the tree house collapsed very easily. And it falls on the side where there is more weight. He explained if the houses had been ordered in a row, and then even if one tree fell on the other, that tree would collapse and followed by the successive trees in the row. Now since the houses were in random order then this destruction can be stopped with the particular tree itself.     

After dinner came Maryam’s phone. Maryam continued giving advice how to manage the household single handedly, as Ehsaan and Hifza dusted the rooms and the beds only. They decided they would just clean up the basics that day and do the rest cleaning the next day. Both of them were tired and wanted to rest. Hifza finished praying leaving Ehsaan to see her pray longingly. Ehsaan promised he would pray tomorrow.

Once everything was done, Ehsaan felt like a hero walking out of the room to give privacy for Hifza. He thought he understood Hifza and he needed to give her space. And Hifza proved him wrong by taking hold of his hand.

“I appreciate what you are trying to do. But I don’t want shaitaan to put anymore distance between us” Hifza said tucking him towards the bed. Ehsaan was surprised to find even being wrong about Hifza brings him happiness. But no way would he let Hifza feel uncomfortable. He just grinned at her as a fantastic idea hit him.

He went to the double cot bet. He separated it into two single cot beds and bowed to Hifza. The impressed grin of Hifza did wonders to him.

“Finally I get comfort of going to bed daily instead of alternative days” Hifza teased him as he mock scowled at her. This earned him a kiss in the cheeks making him grin like a fool.

When Ehsaan shrieked at a nightmare that night, Hifza like always consoled him and went to pray. When he saw Hifza pray, his resolve to pray disintegrated. He chickened out. He was ashamed to face Allah again. But only after the Fajr time was over he smacked himself for not praying. He promised again that he would pray the next day no matter what. He felt that he had to start praying with fajr, since it’s the first prayer. Ehsaan sighed and gave up on sleeping again.

He descended the stairs and sat on the sit out on the basement with his legs dangling. He was taking in the early morning beauty of the nature. He pleaded with Allah to not be angry at his chickening out. He was so lost in his thought that he fell down when the Village’s head tapped his shoulder with his usual extra force. Even through the embarrassment, Ehsaan was amazed how he had almost five people offering hands to pick him up. He was touched. He readily took up one of the hands.

“So sonu, therru are few place foru the hospitalu. Can we see, so you can pick upu one of the placeu?” asked one of them and Ehsaan found him nodding excitingly.

He left a note to Hifza and went out. Though he went out with a set of old man, he had the most fun walk. He saw people enjoying their work and doing it with passion. He was offered water and milk kindly at least by 10 members. He visited about three places which were the only flat grounds enough for the building. With the calculating walk, he came back home around 11:30 still full with the milk and water. When he reached home, he was welcomed with the most unwelcoming event.

Hifza was throwing up all over the bathroom.

A/n

I am so sorry for taking this long to update. I have been writing random chapters. And Romance is really not my genere and I find it hard to concentrate:( Sorry.

And thanks @JIYARAFIQUE. I am updating this for you. Not that I dont respect any of my other readers. She just triggered my urge to update.

Keep Supporting. Vote. Comment and Share. And do add this book to your reading list. 

May Allah bless all of you eho have supported this book so far.

~jazakallah khair