29. Our Day of Love

"What happened to my daughter?" Asked AbuThahir rushing into the hospital. It was such a cliche reaction. Rehaana was more calm and looked out for Maryam. Maryam had been able to fly as soon as she heard the news. And even that took more than a day to reach her son. However Hifza's parents were not  as lucky. They were held up and for once they realized that all their money could not help them against Allah's will. 

Even though Maryam had explained to them in detail, AbuThahir couldn't avoid the cliche. Hifza has fractured her right knee and a few ribs. Hifza was in shock and was heavily sedated. While Ehsaan had a fractured leg too and had hit his head, had a concussion and had not regained his consciousness. Literally he was in coma. Maryam who was barely handling the situation, was in a volatile state. 

The Jeep had been driven by the two escaped friends who were now being punished along with their friends. Ryder and Ruma had been a constant support to Maryam. And it was a universal joke. Ehsaan and Hifza were the first patients to be admitted in the new hospital. Which Ryder made sure to repeat it to Ehsaan. The bleeding had been attended with and he was bundled in a cast. And nothing else can be done for Ehsaan unless until he wakes up. 

No one was ready to give importance to AbuThahir. Rehaana followed Maryam to see her daughter. And then her son in law. It was a weird sight to see them both lost to the world. Rehaana and Maryam cried together. Each hoping both of them to wake up. But a little bit more hoping for their own kid to wake up. That was the selfish working of a mother's heart. 

"What is this I hear about? That it was an intentional hit and run" AbuThahir thundered in with anger. He had just heard the partial details from Ryder. In many ways he hadn't let Ryder complete the explanation. He had literally stopped him at the hit and run due to some trouble with Ehsaan and Hifza. He had thundered in set on blaming Ehsaan. But when he realize he couldn't he turned to Maryam. I don't know what it is about blame. People always find solace in blaming even though it doesn't make the situation better. It's as if I don't care what has happened. I am not to be blamed. You are. So I am going to get that off me. Generally people who blame are the ones who are most guilty.

"Your son hasn't changed one bit"

"Brother I think you must deal with the situation calmly"

"Calmly? My foot. Your son has always been a trouble maker. And he always will be"

"See, I get it you are in shock. But please mind the words you speak. Our children need our prayers"

"As if I will pray for your son. Is it not enough to have my daughter in a hospital bed"

"Honey, it's Allah's doing"

"You shut up. As if you know any better"

"The jerk couldn't even stay out of trouble and he had dragged our daughter into this mess and in this remote area"

"What is even this place?"

"This place is not well equipped and he built it. As if anything he does will be any good"

"I think you are crossing a line. I think it's better you leave brother" Maryam who was already volatile raised her voice. 

"Who the hell are you to ask me to leave? As if this is a palace"

"Leave, I will. With my daughter. I am gonna move her to a much better place. Which by the way you should have done all these time you had been here"

"They are not in any state to be moved" Maryam said shocked. 

"As if"

"See I am going to be the bigger person and will help you move your son in my mercy. But never am I going to let him anywhere near my daughter ever again"

"I don't need your bloody mercy. Allah is enough for me. I am gonna stay right here with my son and in what he built. I am gonna bring him back healthy. You take your daughter if you want. And let me say this, your daughter will not be happy with this" 

"I have had enough of my daughter's happiness. Now I am gonna look out for what is best for her" with that AbuThahir marched out making few phone calls and arranging for a move.

And exactly one week later, Hifza found herself band aided and alone with a nurse appointed to look after her. Her parents were busy running after the business. Hifza didn't know in what way her father found this best for her. The ortho specialist, her father took her to had informed them that the first aid taken was perfect and her bones were healing properly. And all this travel had only added to her strain. She was discharged in two days. All that was left was loneliness. And an earning for her husband. Hifza who had thrown a fit to her father, was in no state to travel. 

Ehsaan woke up as soon as Hifza was moved as if he knew something was wrong. He jolted awake asking if Hifza was fine. All Maryam could offer him was consolation and that was not enough. He wanted his wife. He wanted to see if she was fine. He just wanted her around. Even hear voice in the phone was not enough. Still they spent hours in the phone without anything to talk about. They had already shared their life with each other. There is only so much thing you can talk with each other cooped inside a room.

What both of them regretted was not reaching out to each other when they had been together. They could have kissed each other 100 times and they were stupid enough to wait. At that time a single touch held so much hesitations. But ripped apart, they realized how simple it actually is. It was hell to wait. They had to wait at least a month before they could see each other. After fallen irrevocably in love, words were not enough. They craved each other physically. To kiss. To touch. To make each other a reality. 

Sometimes parents intervene in the most inconvenient way. And AbuThahir had unintentionally created a huge rift between him and his daughter. And his pride wouldn't let him to admit his mistake. His loss due to his negligence was in many ways irreparable. And that took his sleep away. Sometimes it's better to stay out of the affairs between a husband and wife. Many parents easily ruin the lives of their children for their pride. Especially if the children are not strong they get carried away. Even though it was not so in this case, Hifza looked at her father differently. She looked at him with less respect. It was not easy to be away from a sick husband. Especially when you are sick and alone yourself. 

Hifza thought about Ehsaan. She missed him. But sometimes she felt as if he didn't miss her as much as she missed him. Sometimes Ehsaan thought similarly too. Both of them were competing to put a strong face. To show each other they were okay while they were not. They can't let each other down. But this bought an hesitation between them. A doubt if the love was still there. Even if it was, was it as pure and raw as it used to be.

But then Ehsaan threw a stone at Hifza's window. Ehsaan refused to step into the house of the man who insulted him. And Hifza came running out. Well, more like limping out. And aimed directly for his lips. Screw the society for now. And screw the hesitations. They had finally found their day of love. And there was not going to be any restrictions between them anymore. They did realize what a fool they had been to put off such an amazing part of marriage away. But then they had found their day of love. 

And every day from then was going to be their day of love. And that's all that counts in life.