23.Our Day of Love

"Assalamu alaikum" Ehsaan entered the house.

"Walaikumusalam" Hifza said distracted.

"Here" Ehsaan handed Hifza a small package wrapped with a leaf. He pecked her in the cheeks as if it's the most natural thing in the world. Hifza in return brushed her lips lightly on his cheeks examining the package.

"What's this?" Hifza opened it. A sweet smell filled the air. There in it was brown and white sweets shaped like chains.

"The brown one is honey candy and the white one is sugar candy. The harvest special" Ehsaan explained.

"Smells delicious" Hifza said taking a bite of the brown one. Honey ran down her temple making Hifza grin. With an overflowing mouthful of sweet and a grin, Hifza looked like a spoiled child. At that moment, Ehsaan decided to never let Hifza loose the childishness. He promised to himself to take care of Hifza like a child. Ehsaan took a bite of the white one and it wasn't that special. So he was all willing when Hifza asked a bite from it. Hifza didn't like it too. So the white one was left alone as they fought over the brown one. When it was done, they both were a mess.

"So what's so special about the harvest?" Hifza asked as they sat down for some tea.

"Well they harvest all the crops. And all the eight tribes gather and divide the grains and fruits. Its sort of a celebration I guess" Ehsaan explained.

"And the construction will be completed too" Ehsaan added after a pause.

"We will have to return home" Hifza sighed. It was good timing. That can't be denied. Even though its serene and quiet in there, home is waiting. Both Ehsaan and Hifza missed home. But it was rather sad they have to leave.

"Yeah, it's both good and bad" Ehsaan said.

"Exactly" Hifza agreed and a mournful silence filled the space. After a while, Hifza broke the silence.

"So Ryder came by to handover Kreacher to Aroma and I gave him a few advices," Hifza said slowly assessing Ehsaan's reaction.

"So?" Ehsaan asked casually. Hifza didn't know how she expected Ehsaan to react. But the indifference bothered her

"I advised him about love" Hifza added trying to get a reaction out of him.

"No wonder" Ehsaan said as if it fit a puzzle.

"It doesn't bother you?" Hifza came straight to the point. She didn't know whether to proud about Ehsaan's calm or to smack his head for his indifference.

"Oh, it doesn't. He has eyes for Ruma anyways" Ehsaan said smirking.

"You knew?" Hifza asked in wonder.

"Yes me and half of this village. But I guessed from the starting" Ehsaan said. Seeing Hifza's confused state he explained it further.

"Ryder proposed Ruma dramatically in the middle of the construction site. Now I realize all the credit goes to you" Ehsaan teased her which she totally ignored.

"He did?" Hifza asked with a hint of pride as if her son has took his first step.

"What did Ruma say?" She continued all hyped.

"What all the girls say"

"Oh Ryder, I didn't know. I don't know what to say. Let me think about it" Ehsaan imitated her badly.

"I can bet she knew from the starting. Why does the entire woman have to do that?" Ehsaan ranted.

"I would not have reacted like that. Don't blame all the female species" Hifza chided.