21.Our Day of Love

"As always Salah first Reading next"

~jazakallah khairan for all those who struck by the story. May Allah bless you all.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up"

Ryder's bed was shaking. He knew Nate was jumping on his bed. Smiling to himself Ryder roared like a lion and swung the frozen Nate. Nate's laughter filled his ears as he tickled him. Soon he realized something was different. He froze and looked properly. He was in an unknown place with an unknown kid. He looked around to find Ruma, Hifza and an unknown woman. He was suddenly about to release the child but the child held on to him. The gesture warmed his heart so much that he held the child closer.

"And what might be the Young man's name?" Ryder smiled.

"Keache, keache" the boy giggled happily making Aroma sentimental.

"Look at how he happy he is. I wish I could give this to him forever," Aroma whispered wiping some tears. Hifza put her hand around her and rubbed her shoulders in a consoling way. Somehow, the air was festive. Hifza stared at Ehsaan with affection who was being quite. Ehsaan had a troubled expression. His eyebrow's were furrowed and he had unfocused eyes.

Ehsaan felt bad. He was thankful for so much. Allah has showered blessings on him. He felt Ungrateful. He wanted to pray. But he was scared to face Allah after so long. And quietly he walked away from all the happiness. He didn't think he deserved it. And he felt even bad when he didn't see Hifza pray. He did not want to take things in his hands. But missed Mahrib turned into missed Isha. After he thought, he realized he didn't see Hifza pray any of the prayer that day. One day turned into two and two into three. Ryder was gone. He seemed to be recovering both physically and mentally.

"So Hifza" Ehsaan started after holding on for so long. With time conversations had become easy and less awkward between them. But it was like starting all over again.

"Yeah?" Hifza asked brewing the soup carefully. Hifza's culinary skill was improving with days.

"I have been noticing that you have not been praying" Ehsaan started slowly as Hifza squirmed uneasily. She was about to explain about menstruation since he must have an idea with all biology and stuff. But a better thought struck her.

"Yeah, so what?" Hifza asked being casual on purpose.

"What do you mean by yeah? Why are you not praying?" Ehsaan asked alarmed. He was a bit angry too.

"I don't feel like praying these days. In addition, I have so many things to do. But it will get fine. I will start praying as soon as I am up for it" Hifza said provoking Ehsaan.

" What? You can't say that to Allah" Ehsaan exclaimed.

"You can't either. But I am being understanding ain't I? I mean you of all people should understand right?" Hifza went all nasty. Her PMS might have got in the way with the nastiness. Ehsaan took offense in Hifza's pointing out. He just stormed out in anger.

'She never really understood it'

'She doesn't have any idea of what I went through'

'You are calling for pity dude. Its almost 8 months' his inner voice piped in innocently making Ehsaan angrier.

'But am I not praying because I don't feel like praying?' Ehsaan fumed to himself.

'Everyone has their own excuses' his inner voice piped in.

'Mine is not that lame' he argued.

'Isn't it?' his inner voice threw back.

'I went through a rough path. It's hard' Ehsaan was the pleading one now.