28. Our Day of Love

Ruma ran after Ryder without second thought. And Hifza regretted not doing it. She saw Ruma run up to Ryder and him ignoring her. She saw her trying again and again and Ryder just walking ahead. Hifza felt a new fear. What if she had destroyed all they had created so far. The time has be very beautiful. She saw Ruma stopping and staring after Ryder. She was crying. Ryder looked back in a demanding way. Ruma is supposed to keep up even if he was angry with him. When he saw Ruma crying, he screamed in frustration. He was angry at himself because he could not stand to see her cry. He went to her and yelled at her. Ruma finally gave a victorious grin at Ryder inspite of the running nose. Ryder glared at Ruma and marched back to Hifza's house. They had left Kreacher there.

Hifza saw that Ryder was half smiling. At the end of the day between all the mess his waiting was finally over. Ruma had said only one thing that made everything blur out. She would convert too. And they were getting married after things are sorted out. Because conversion of the tribe leader's daughter and marrying out of the tribe is a messy affair.

For now, Ruma was happy enough to shave the rest of her hair and somewhat tried to keep Kreacher in her lap. Kreacher not used to her attention slipped away. But Ruma knew that he was going to be a part of her life. And she didn't find it that hard to accept. Hifza passed a word to inform her if they saw Ehsaan on their way out. It was weird to think that there was this messy affair to deal with at such a happy time. Once again Hifza was left alone, waiting.

And whenever she was left alone, she roamed the streets at night. Hifza realized that it was the first time she was roaming the streets after she got married. It was comforting to know that her husband never let her alone. But it was also the reason it hurt more. She cornered him to leave her alone. She was ashamed for she did not understand the seriousness of her satement. She only meant it as a momentary comfort and sometimes those momentary comforts are dangerous. They make you ignore what was more important. Ehsaan is always more important than Ruma. And she disregarded that. Had the situation changed and Ruma held her to her promise, she would have mad a mess out of their lives. And she was grateful to Allah for that.

Mom" Ehsaan breathed.

"What did my daughter in law do now?" Maryam asked interested. She knew a couples quarrel just by the sound of it.

"She asked me to " Ehsaan's voice caught up in his throat.

"She asked me to marry another woman mom" Ehsaan sighed defeatedly as an angry tear ran down his cheeks. He gritted his teeth until his jaw hurt.

"What happened?" Maryam asked panicked.

"She just gave me away like a charity mom"

"She didn't give a second thought to even fight for me mom"

"I want her to fight for me mom. This may be selfish but I want her to be hurt at the thought of sharing me mom"

"I love her so much. I can never belong to anyone but her mom. Why can't she understand that?"

"Am I that poor of a husband that she lends me away the first chance she gets?"

"I warned her not to take decision with haste at the beginning itself mom"

"I warned her she would be trapped with me if she married me out of pity mom. Now see that's exactly what has happened"

Sometimes when something affects us deeply, we tend to doubt everything about it. And that is one thing that destroys many life. A small mistake make us doubt the whole decision and it's a very scary thought to live with. These doubts are inevitable in a relationship but they must be put out immediately if it is going to survive.

"She is trapped with me mom in this remoted area" Ehsaan said. Traitor tears fell down without mercy.

"And she has trapped me with love mom"

"A trap I wish I would never come out off"

"Never Ever" Ehsaan sobbed feeling like a silly teenager.

"Its hurting mom, like its physically hurting" Ehsaan said looking at the sky trying to stop his tears. Suddenly he was attacked by a force that made him loose his balance and drop his phone. However instead of anticipation kicking in he felt as though water had been poured on his never ending fire as soon as the force touched him. He engulfed Hifza into a bone crushing hug.

"I am sorry I didn't think it would affect you so much. I love you Ehsaan"

"I am also not willing to get out of the trap anytime soon too"

"Oh my Allah I love you so much. Never doubt it for one minute you understand" Hifza said kissing his cheeks as Ehsaan nodded and tightened his grip on Hifza.

"Yuck its salty" Hifza said spitting while she wiped away the tears in Ehsaan's eyes. Ehsaan stared at her. Then they both burst into laughter.

"And Ehsaan it did hurt at the thought of sharing you" Hifza said once they sombered up.

"As it should" Ehsaan said with anger. It will always be a bitter part whenever remembered or talked about. Marriage is full of these bitter moments and at the same time it's also about moving past them.

"I am so sorry" Hifza said hugging Ehsaan tightly. She couldn't express how sorry she was. And Ehsaan could feel it.

"Whatever" Ehsaan said instinctly and he saw Hifza's face fall. Even though he felt that the sorry and regret didn't make up for what she did, he was ready to put it back. If life had taught him anything in these past months, it was that he has to put things behind him if he was to move forward. Ehsaan lifted face towards him and hugged her tighter.

"I love you" he looked into her eyes to show how much he meant it. Hifza answered him with a smile.

And then suddenly a bright flash hit them. It was too late to move away from the path of the Jeep. They could only hold onto each other tightly.