13. Our Day of Love

Asalamualaikum ,

As always Prayer first and Reading next.

As the wind swept the young couple with a pleasant scent of eucalyptus and the melodious sound of flowing water, they entered the tribe of Anali. The tribe was situated in a small valley between two mountains. A huge house stood out in the centre, while the rest of the civilization was spread out as a circle without a radius around the huge house. The houses were built randomly with free meadows in between them. Most of the houses were tree houses made up of wood hosted high above the ground. But there were few brick built houses too but they did not contain a cement coating nor was it protected by paints. The huge house at the middle was the only building which had a finishing touch including some faded light yellow paint.
They took a final steep lounge and finally entered the civilization. The houses were so randomly arranged that, it was miraculous that there was enough space for the jeep to go. After take quirk turns in the maze of houses they finally came to a stop in front of the huge house.
"Is this place always this calm?" Ehsaan wondered since he didn’t spot many humans on the way.
"No no. Usually it’s hard drive a jeep withu people working, but today allu people are gatheredu in the Haveli" Aayat explained.
"Haveli?" Hifza asked.
"This is the Haveli. Liku head quarter of our tribe" Aayat pointed to the huge house in front of them.
"It is the place wheru the headu of all the 18 tribesu meet and take important decisionsu" Aayat explained.
"18 tribes?" Hifza asked confused.
"There are 18 tribesu living aroundu this area. Since our tribe isu the only place withu plain landu, we are consideredu as the head tribe. This Haveli was built by the english explorersu who conqueredu us and ruled us120 yearsu ago" Aayat explained.
" And that’s whyyu we are building the hospitalu hereu" Aayat explained further finally parking the jeep in the vast meadow filled with cattles grazing and kids playing. The house seemed huge from outside and it was enormous in the inside. The three of them got down from the jeep and stretched up. The kids that were playing finally looked up and few kids ran inside screaming
"They have arrived"

As they finished stretching, Aayat insisted that they get going inside. Before they reached the entrance the door opened and a crowd of 200 hundred people were assembled with Ruma and the head of the tribe were standing in the lead.
"Welcome Welcome" said the head of the tribe, while an elderly lady directed the smoke of fire burning on Betel leaf making the young couple’s eyes burn. How they managed the betel leaf to burn in the moist weather was beyond their imagination. Ehsaan and Hifza blinked at the weird ritual not knowing how to dodge it.

“So pretty” the lady said swiping her eye with a finger and keeping a black dot in Hifza’s cheeks with the kohl that came in her hands much to Ruma’s uncomfort. Ruma’s imagination of Ehsaan’s wife was far from pretty.  And she was never insecure with her beauty until that moment. What with a athletic physique with long dark hair and eyes with so much intensity to make a local tiger look away, Ruma had always been an attention catcher. But she was pulled out of her self-praise by her father clearing his throat. But little did she know she was indeed more attractive than Hifza and Hifza knew it. And had no problem with it.
"Thisu my dear people is Builder Sir Ehsaan and hisu lovely wifu Hifuza" he introduced as the young couple gave an uncomfortable smile. Hifza mentally rolled her eyes at her mispronounced name. 
"They have comu across so muchu distance for us. So we are going to be theiru famuly and treat them well aren't we?" the head said giving Ehsaan one more balance loosing pat in the shoulder. Ehsaan smiled with a grimace. There crowd roared with agreement.
"These children are sendu to us by Godu so we don’t want to anger God by disappointing his helpers" the head said while Ehsaan and Hifza looked at each other.
"So children if you wantu anything, you demandu it from usu. We are going to make you feelu at home in every way possible" the head addressed them.
"Your acceptance is more than enough. Please don’t go out of your comfort for us" Ehsaan said while Hifza said
"We wouldn't expect any less from you" simultaneously. Ehsaan shook his head in disapproval in Hifza taking over rights. But the head smiled fondly smiled at Hifza.
"It’s our pleasure" the head said giving Hifza a soft fatherly pat in her shoulder. Ehsaan and Hifza stiffened at the contact. But Hifza smiled and thanked him while carefully increasing the distance between them.
"With the arrival of God's helpersu, a feast hasu been arrangedu. So I expectu each and every one of you to go home with filledu stomach" the head announced as the crowd cheered.
"Hey" Ruma waved at Ehsaan completely ignoring Hifza. Hifza mentally rolled her eyes.
"Hello" Ehsaan said politely.
"Hello I am Hifza Suliemaan" Hifza said extending her hands.
"I am Ruma" she shook her hands politely. The awkwardness was hoisted high in the air.
"Nice to meet you" Hifza chirped finding Ruma's uncomfort cute.
"Well Lunch is ready. Please follow me" Ruma said and lead the way.
"Uhm Hifza isn't your name Hifza Sadaq" Ehsaan whispered.
"No" Hifza said without a care.
"What? You know when you marry a person your last name changes" Ehsaan said stressing on the last name.
"According to Quran?" Hifza asked.
"Well no, but" Ehsaan was cut off.
"Now come on don't be such a MCP, I will be resurrected only as the daughter of my father even on the Day of Judgment. So why change my name for the dunya?" Hifza explained. Her new perspective was refreshing for Ehsaan, as all the commotion he had about her not changing her surname went out of window. He grinned at her in understanding.
"Refreshing point. But what is MCP?" Ehsaan asked.
"Male chauvinistic Pig" Hifza said with a chuckle. Ehsaan blinked at Hifza while she skipped to wash her hands. The people had to fetch water in a tumbler from a drum and then wash their hands by pouring it with one hand on the other and then vice versa. But that was for single people and woman. For men the wife poured the water and the husband washed his hands. To Hifza it was a romantic gesture. 
"Come Here" she waved at Ehsaan who was still blinking at her. Ehsaan made his way to her nonetheless.
"Put your hands out" Hifza said holding out the tumbler.
"It’s okay. You don’t have to"
"Just do what I say. It’s romantic" Hifza giggled as Ehsaan gave a weird look. But put his hands out anyways. He felt a form of homey feeling spreading in his heart. 'It was indeed a welcoming gesture' Ehsaan thought with a smile. Hifza returned it with a knowing smile.