26. Our Day Of Love

"You mean I have to cut off my thing?" Ryder exclaimed horrified making Ehsaan look around bewildered with a deep blush. Ryder had come up to Ehsaan the first thing in the morning and Ehsaan was explaining the procedure to become a muslim.

"No. No" Ehsaan said in a hurry before Ryder screamed and ran away.

"You have to uhm peel a layer" Ehsaan explained, his blush deepening.

"That's so cruel. Doesn't seem like science to me" Ryder challenged.

"It is science. It prevents urinary problems and uhm... uhm... increases your fertility" Ehsaan wished this wasn't so awkward. He had already contacted a dawah center and they have agreed to help. They will reach there in two days. However, Ryder took the information in wonder.

"Yes, now it's coming to me. We do practice this when a new-born is having urinary problems" Ryder agreed.

"Kreacher is not going to like this" muttered Ryder. Ehsaan was so touched that Ryder has already accepted Kreacher as a part of his life. He hugged him sidewise.

"What is this weird feeling?" Ryder asked.

"What feeling?"

"I am not gay mind it. But whenever you hug me, it's like I am being engulfed with belonging"

"It's brotherhood bro" Ehsaan answered laughing. He then did it prophet(SAW)'s style. Handshaking with salaam and then hugged him three times. Ryder was in wonder. It was like moulding a child and Ehsaan loved every part of it. Since Ehsaan dare not discuss this in front of Hifza, Ehsaan and Ryder had taken a walk. When they returned there were about 20 people waiting with doubts about Islam. They answered them as much as they could. And then there was another thirty or so people who approached Ehsaan on the way. Ehsaan was not satisfied with his answers any more. But to his surprise three more people uttered shahada. Four people were relatively small compared to the number of people who were curious, but it felt huge to Ehsaan and Hifza. Because that's the reality. Even if people accepted Islam, they would never convert because they are bound by the family and the society. That afternoon itself some people from the dawah center came around. This was the over eager youths who wanted to do something for the sake of Allah. Some heads were coming by later.

That evening Hifza happily settled inbetween Ehsaan's legs welcoming the warmth.

"Life has changed so much right hasn't it?" Ehsaan breathed out.

"Yeah, I feel so grown up in a short span of time"

"Time aah!! You know the hospital is almost ready. Only a few external things are left. They are already treating minor patients there"

"How long until we leave?" Hifza asked filled with nostalgia. She has never been this relaxed in her life. But strangely both of them were now ready to be back in their world.

"Two weeks max. Time flies, doesn't it?"

"Yeah, but don't you think it was the most soulful days of our life?"

"Perhaps" Ehsaan agreed.

"I have started praying. I have matured enough to face the drama over the arrest"

"Life has become beautiful with a messy wild wife" he added with a wink.

"Oh, you would be bored out of your mind if I am not messy and wild" Hifza pointed to which Ehsaan laughed in agreement.

"I have come a long way too. I am not bitter about life anymore. I have come to accept my past and you. What more I have grown more careful and mature"

"Even though you mess up some time"

"I have learned to love... Life" the pause didn't go unnoticed.

"And me" Ehsaan whispered in her ears getting all serious.

"You wish" Hifza said and got up to leave.

"Say it" Ehsaan pulled her and held her captive.

"I love you, say it" Ehsaan insisted. Hifza squirmed hearing it for the first time. She was happy but it wasn't out of the world experience because they already knew it. Ehsaan was only daring her to say it aloud. And it was the awkward part.

"Come on. Say it, I love you" Ehsaan whispered in her ears tightening his hold. Hifza turned her head to look into his eyes. Their stare had a new dependency and trust. Hifza reached his ears and whispered

"I love you" so slowly that Ehsaan stopped breathing.

"See, how easy it is" Ehsaan whispered squeezing her to him. And then as always there was a commotion outside they couldn't ignore. They groaned as they were separated yet again.

It was timber and his two side kicks except they had Ruma kneeling down. The two side kicks held her down, as Timber tried to shave her head. She struggled so much that her face was cut all over the place. And patches of hair struck out unevenly. Hifza and Ehsaan ran to help.

"Hey" Ehsaan shouted angrily. The three men ran dropping Ruma. Ehsaan ran after them. They were too intoxicated and unsteady, that he caught hold of Timber easily. The other two used the distraction to run away.

"I am going to take this jerk to the fort. I will send Ryder"

"Take her inside, change her clothes and make her drink something" Ehsaan called out and left without even seeing if Hifza heard him or not.

Hifza gathered Ruma in her hands. Ruma's dress was torn here and there, and she reeked of alcohol.

"What happened?" Hifza asked tears choking her.

"They... they" Ruma started but then a sob broke out. She let out a heart wrenching wail. She was shaking in sorrow. Hifza couldn't help but assume the worse. All she could do was take Ruma inside, cover her in warmth and let her sleep.