20.Our Day of Love

As always Salah first Read next

Hifza took a deep breath of the refreshing morning and lighted the stove. Smiling she looked out of the window, to find Ryder sitting alone on a rock in the woods. He was sitting in a defeated pose looking at nothing in purpose. He reminded her of herself at a point in her life. She hadnt lost a child, nor did she face any loss. She just lost all the hope. But then she was fed up of being fed up and she gave her best shot. Though she did not suceed at the first try, things got better. And she believed ryder will wake up too and will fight this darkness. Her smile turned into a sigh wishing the best for him since she is better now in Allah's grace. She averted her gaze from him and she just stared out without focusing on anything.

Suddenly she was pinned to the wall and she started thrashing wildly in instinct. The offender's pressure on her increased but only gently. And only then she realized it was only Ehsaan. Ehsaan along with pinning her to the wall had also closed her mouth with his hands. She lifted her eyebrows questioning him. Ehsaan's eyes moved to the sandy snake departing the window leathergically. Hifza relaxed visibly in a carefree way but Ehsaan stood his alert position. Once the snake was gone he colapsed into her relaxing. Hifza only laughed.

"You, that one is my friend, non venomous and we have our date every other day. There is no need for the scare" Hifza explained.

"Wierd" Ehsaan mumbled in her neck and everything became so serious in a second as his breath tickled Hifza. Ehsaan let go of her hands and slowly his hand glided to her waist as he nuzzled his nose into her wet hair.

"your hair smells good" Ehsaan said pulling her closer. Frozen Hifza just stared into his grey eyes without an ounce of rejection. Encouraged Ehsaan lowered his eyes to her lips. Closing his eyes he moved closer.

"wake up, wake up, wake up" kreachers shouting was suddenly audible and Hifza turned her head making Ehsaan kiss her cheeks. Soon Aroma was approaching and they seperated as if electrocuted.

The awkward couple avoided each other till Ehsaan left home with a mumble of Salaam. The seperation did nothing about resolving the awkwardness. The current never left them making the couple dysfunctional for the whole day. As much as hurry Ehsaan was in to get to work he was in same hurry to get back home. Even Hifza seemed to remember turning on the lights and was waiting for him. And for the first time a contenment filled him like no other time. 'Is this how it feels to return to a lovely wife' Ehsaan smiled to himself. Both greeted each other with enthusiastic Salaams. And then things became dysfunctional again.

"sorry"

"work"

"the stove"

"finished"

"burning"

"early"

"dinner"

They fumbled with their words awkwardly. As they finished their broken sentence they looked at each other and then burst out laughing.

"The dinner will be ready in five minutes. The food seems edible" Hifza squealed and went into kitchen. Ehsaan stood the laughing sheepishly.

"Ehsaaaaaannn" Hifza screamed draining all the giddiness out of him. He rushed to the kitchen to see what is wrong. There stood Hifza peeking out of the window and nothing was wrong. Ehsaan took an exasperated sigh and went to see what alarmed Hifza. If it was anything silly, he decided he would just have to bang his head in the wall. What he saw alerted Ehsaan imediately. There was a figure lying cold in between the woods. Ehsaan stared at the figure some more wishing for an safe plan to occur in his head. But it was not fiction, the lead doesnt exactly know what to do. The lead stares at the person lying in the middle of the forrest. Lead needs to ensure if helping the person is safe. The lead has a number of stupid possibilities running inside his head. After all its the first time the lead faces something like this. But Hifza had other plans.

"What are you staring at? Come on we have gotta help him" Hifza said desperately.

"But we don't know who he is or whether its a trap or..." Hifza cut him before he could finish. She probably knew there was no ends to the possiblities.

"Its Ryder. I saw him in the same spot this morning. My guess is he never left" Hifza said in hurry. Apparently Hifza understood it was one of the live or die situation. Though it actually might not be one.

"Well in that case.." Ehsaan strecthed and suddenly he knew what to do. Apparently he is still the lead.

"Hifza we need an torch light. Get it" Ehsaan comanded as Hifza scrambled action loving every bit of it. Rescuing someone is a good deed. And it also looks like an adventure and thats the mixture Hifza loved. Hifza reported back with two torch lights.

"What are we waiting for lets go" Ehsaan said and they did. They walked through the damp forrest with fear and goodness. It was good thing that there was a river which made the forrest less thick. There was only a few rows of tree if you could call it a row. When they reached Ryder, they were relieved to find that Ryder was knocked out cold and burning but still alive. They had to carry Ryder back to their house. And the treck back home was hideous. After a series of slipping on Hifza's hijab and almost bumping into the trees they bought Ryder under their shelter. Ehsaan cant help but tease Hifza that Ryder was not her luggage to be dropped to which she only glared.

As soon as they entered their house Ehsaan went all military comando on Hifza.

"Hifza bring some dry and warm clothes of mine. He is drenched" Ehsaan comanded. And when Hifza complied his second set of command came as a rapid fire.

"Boil the water and wet a piece of cloth" He commanded.

"Yes, sir" Hifza couldnt help but add.

"Quick" Ehsaan growled winking. Ehsaan changed Ryder's clothes and covered him with warm blanket. Ehsaan laid the wet cloth in Ryder's forehead. It was an old trick to bring down the temperature. Hifza sent a quick text to Ruma. Hifza was contemplating waking up Ryder to give him food and tablets. But Ehsaan reckoned they should just let Ryder sleep. Since Ryder was running a high fever Ehsaan and Hifza sat rubbing Ryder's palm and feet. And like a wind Ruma barged in and got agitated seeing Ryder.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up" She was shaking Ryder without mercy.

"You should probably let him.." Ehsaan was halfway but Ryder was up with a bolt.

"Sleep" Ehsaan finished vainly.

"Oh thank god" Ruma hugged ryder.

"Gosh you are burning. Why would you get up? Just lie down already" Ruma said pushing a very confused and startled Ryder back into the bed.

"Well good thing he is awake. He need to eat and take the medicine" Hifza concluded. Hifza tried harder and made an almost decent soup. But apparently it tasted bitter to Ryder's sick tongue. But Ryder gulped the soup under Ruma's glare. The tablets followed the soup. And soon Ryder was knocked out cold again. But this time he was sleeping. Ruma decided to stay and change the cloth on the forehead. Hifza decided to stay and help. Mostly Hifza and Ruma didnt want to stop talking. So Ehsaan eventually went to bed. Alone. No peaceful sleep then, he thought. He was surprised that how natural it was for Hifza to go to bed with him. Though it was only one time they did actually did it.

Ruma was surprised to find that Ehsaan didnt make a difference and that Ryder was her priority. She was also surprised with the elegant woman she couldnt stop talking with. Hifza was just thankful for the female company and the night slowly and steadily blurred into the sleep.