10. Our Day of Love

Assalamualaikum,

Prayers first Reading Next. So if there is a pending prayer then please finish it before you start reading.

And please pardon my mistakes.

10. Our Day Of Love

Ten days is all Hifza had got to put efforts in her marriage and fix it before Ehsaan takes off. She was planning things that she should do for Ehsaan.

When she woke up to Ehsaan’s nightmares, she wanted to do something extra other than offering him water and advice. But there was nothing else she could do. Then she wanted to pick out Ehsaan’s outfit. But when she was waked up by Ehsaan, he was already dressed and all she could do was wear matching dress with him. She expected Ehsaan to notice but he didn’t. Even then she kept her hopes high though she was disappointed.

Then she rushed to home from office in hopes of cooking food for Ehsaan. She entered the kitchen after praying Asr. Since she had almost zero knowledge about cooking she took time in choosing which food to cook and it took even more time to gather the ingredients for it. To say Maryam was surprised was an understatement. So Maryam offered help which Hifza declined politely. The maids watched her in amusement since she declined their help also. After taking a break for Mahrib she was finally done with what was supposed to be steak. But it resembled a coal more. After consoling herself that it would not taste as bad as it looks she took a bite. It was hardly edible. She sighed and decided she would eat it but not serve Ehsaan. The maids had already prepared dinner for everyone and had left. So she had her dinner in the kitchen. Since she was too embarrassed to even show what she made. Good thing she did not know the proper quantity. She made small amount of food that it allowed her to join Ehsaan and Maryam for dinner.

When Maryam asked about the dinner she made she bluffed about how the food was delicious and little that she had finished it herself. But Maryam knew better from the smoky kitchen and blackened utensils. But Maryam was proud of Hifza’s try and let the lie slide.

“Looks like someone had been busy” Ehsaan commented.

“Yeah I was bored and tried something new” she made up. She refrained herself from making a mean comment at Ehsaan for not praying during Isha. She had been doing that. Ehsaan smiled to himself. He had noticed the change in Hifza’s attitude. He was thankful to Allah. And he was now guiltier for not praying more than ever. He would have usually thanked Allah with a Nafl prayer (optional prayer) had he been praying. Hifza sighed and hoped that her efforts would actually work.

But unfortunately her failed attempts continued. She continued to wake up late. And to Hifza’s embarrassment Ehsaan even chose her outfits few times. Ehsaan had started to react more consciously to his nightmares. Though that was a good thing it left Hifza with no works. It was like the one knot that tied them together was being untied. However things may fail she refused to give up. She finally set her pride aside and asked cooking help from Maryam who agreed readily. Even with Maryam’s help Hifza messed up but her consolation was that the messed up food was more edible.

Days were running. It was like when Hifza wanted more time, the time seemed to fly fast. Only thing that happened to Hifza’s aid was her article about ‘Ehsaan’s charity and trip to Noida’ was approved. Even then that article was to be published only near Ehsaan’s departure date. Hifza was anxious and was all worked up even at work. She knew she had to do something big before Ehsaan left. And Maryam dropping hints here and there asking her to accompany Ehsaan did not help either.

She was fidgeting with her fingers and was pacing here and there in her Office. The flying time made her all worked up. She had only four days. Suddenly she felt two arms around her waist. A shock of terror ran through her. The situation was too familiar with the stench of alcohol. She froze as the person whispered in her ears