11. Our Day of Love

Assalamualaikum,

Please complete your prayers to Allah before reading if you haven’t yet.

And please pardon my mistakes.

Hifza mailed him as he said. She had nothing to expect nor was there anything to be disappointed about. She couldn’t bring herself to bother about what Ehsaan was going to do because she knew Ehsaan can’t do anything with it. After Ehsaan left he didn’t come back home that night. Maryam and Hifza were worried. But Ehsaan had sent a reassuring message that he was fine and that he was caught up with a trouble in getting permit for construction in Noida since it was a forest area. Hifza was agitated nonetheless.  She felt abandoned without Ehsaan in the house. And that made her think about her stay in the house without Ehsaan once he was gone. It felt meaningless.  So she came into a conclusion that she would be moving in with her parents until Ehsaan returns which made her sigh sadly. Her plans to make up to Ehsaan had been nothing but a big failure. She decided she would make an edible dinner no matter if it is perfect or not for Ehsaan. She had a restless night.

The next day also Ehsaan didn’t show up until six. Even when he came he fell dead asleep on the living room couch. Hifza took off his shoes and tie and left a blanket on him. Ehsaan slept through all the commotions without even a flinch. That gave Hifza a chance to pretend to have a movie night in the living room so that she could stay close to Ehsaan in case he had a nightmare. Another worry added to her list. She can’t be there in noida if Ehsaan had a nightmare.

Ehsaan promised to spend the last day in home keeping all the work aside. Because Maryam had thrown a fit after he had been at work all night.

“Hifza wake up, the news paper is here” Ehsaan woke Hifza enthusiastically.

“Urgh please find a valid reason to wake me up” Hifza mumbled. Having gone to bed only after praying fajr, Hifza had no intention to wake up at 7:00 am. But Ehsaan had other plans.

“Trust me, this is valid enough reason” Ehsaan exclaimed pulling Hifza’s blanket. What Ehsaan didn’t expect is Hifza’s night gown rode up her knees. Hifza sat up immediately pulling her night gown down.

“Oops sorry” Ehsaan apologized sheepishly.

“Please Ehsaan go away and let me sleep” Hifza said irritated.

“Read this please” Ehsaan said.

“What the heck, I will read it after I wake up” Hifza said snatching her blanket back.

“But I want you to read now” Ehsaan said like a child. Hifza only covered herself with the blanket and laid back.

“I am going far away Hifzu. I won’t be there to bother you tomorrow. So wake up and read for me” Ehsaan pulled his last cards.

“Urgh” Hifza woke with irritation. She extended a hand for the paper. There she saw her article about every woman undergoing some sort of abuse or harassment at some point of life.

“That’s my article. Big Deal?” Hifza asked throwing the news paper at Ehsaan’s face. Then she laid back pulling the blanket over her. Ehsaan stood blinking not knowing what to do at Hifza’s lack of reaction.

“Subhanallah that’s my article” Hifza sat up screaming after few seconds snatching the paper from Ehsaan. She read the article clearly and it had detailed information about the prick who misbehaved with her and other things she added. But only thing was the news paper was not the one she worked in.

“How did this happen?” Hifza asked in wonder.

“Well I couldn’t sit around and do nothing while a prick harassed my wife could I?” Ehsaan asked satisfied with Hifza’s reaction.