16. Our Day of Love

Assalamu Alaikum

As always, Prayer before reading please:)

And Pardon my mistakes please:)  

As much as the settling down was easy, the upcoming days were equally chaotic. Ehsaan and Hifza never realized managing a house would be this messy. Ehsaan would wake up around eight and get ready for site work. Ehsaan doesn’t bother to wake up Hifza and just cooks breakfast for both of them. He would open the door for Aroma and kreacher and only then he would head to the site around nine. Even at nine he would feel tardy since the tribe life starts pretty soon and when he reaches the site all the works will be on full string. The pleasant weather of the village will make Ehsaan take a walk to the site. Due to the lack of modern equipment, they had to do all the works like cleaning the ground, leveling the ground, etc. manually. The people were so nice that they just wanted Ehsaan to say what to do and they asked him to stay away. But seeing the people work with their hearts Ehsaan couldn’t help but join in. And to his surprise the work was not hard at all if done with people. They also treated Ehsaan with freshly cooked delicious lunch daily.

Kreacher usually wakes up Hifza and then she would eat breakfast. They only had three breakfasts, bread and scrambled egg, bread and jam and then bread and miaonese. After Aroma leaves Hifza gets into cleaning house. By the time the chores were over it would be past lunch and she would eat more bread or she would eat fruits and such. In between all the works Hifza had to squeeze in her prayers. And she would be always rushing to prayers at last moment. Only after Asr she would get to relax and settle for a book to read or chat with friends. Rehana would call rarely but Hifza was grateful for it.

Ehsaan returns home by Mahrib and would usually find the house still dark. Hifza will always forget to switch on the light as sun sets because she will be so engrossed in her book or phone. Once Ehsaan returns home they would have a decent tea and would proceed to cook dinner together. Dinner would mostly be a disaster except for few lucky occasions. They had burnt dinners over a chat with Maryam or Juweriya or sometimes both. The day would end with Hifza praying Isha and Ehsaan falling asleep seeing her pray with longing. He continued to chicken out every day as Hifza prays Fajr.

This messy routine continued until one day Ehsaan had to wake up Hifza early in the morning much to Hifza’s surprise.

“Hifza I uh..” Ehsaan blushed.

“I don’t uhm..” Ehsaan blush grew deeper as he scratched his neck. Hifza scrutinized in her hazy sleepy state.

“Idon’thaveanyunderwear” Ehsaan blurted turning into a tomato. Hifza took a minute to understand. When she did she broke out laughing. After she stopped laughing she slapped her forehead.

“Laundry” she exclaimed since she had totally forgot about the concept of washing clothes.

“I am messing up big time ain’t I?”  Hifza asked slouching like a small kid.

“We are messing up big time” Ehsaan sighed and slumped down besides Hifza. And in few minutes Hifza’s head dropped on his shoulders as she slipped back into sleep. He shook his head smiling at her. He then realized that he hadn’t taken leave so far since it never felt like work or maybe because the people in the tribe never had a break. So he decided to stay home.

Aroma chased after kreacher, who rightfully ran to wake up Hifza. Aroma was surprised to find the cute couple. Ehsaan didn’t even try to cover their PDA. By their lack of interaction Aroma had assumed that the couple were not in love and had differences. But the cute scene erased all her assumption. Kreacher climbed in Ehsaan’s lap as Aroma proceeded with her chore. Ehsaan stopped Kreacher from waking Hifza but his phone rang loudly and did the job.