15. Our Day of Love

As always Pray first please before reading the chapter. This Chapter is not gonna answer your first question if you are to die now.

Ehsaan noticed that the house was swept and moped as he rushed to help Hifza. Hifza was throwing up in the corner as the cleaning supplies were scattered around her. The bathroom’s cement floor was still slippery from the unwashed bathroom cleaner. She had been obviously been cleaning her toilet against her will and couldn’t take up more. Ehsaan felt bad for letting her do the chores alone, as her held her head brushing the hairs away from her face. He didn’t expect Hifza to start cleaning without him. He even thought she would kick his behind if he didn’t help cleaning. As Hifza stopped throwing up, he rubbed her.

 Once Hifza stopped panting he led her out of the bathroom. As he saw her gag few time, he guided her to the sink. But Hifza eventually stopped gagging and rinsed her mouth. Ehsaan offered water which she took gratefully. Once she relaxed she made her way to clean up her mess. But Ehsaan stopped her.

“I will clean it up. You take rest” Ehsaan said.

“I can clean up my own mess” Hifza stated with attitude.

“You don’t have to” Ehsaan sighed. He didn’t expect her to the chores when he knows she was not used to this.

“I want to. I mean I cleaned up my own mess for the past years without anyone’s help. This is not any different” Hifza stated.

“What do you mean? Did you do all the chores?” Ehsaan asked appalled.

“Chill, just for my room. It’s like I would mop, clean my room and toilet only. I guess that’s why I can’t clean other’s mess” Hifza explained.

“Why did you do that?” Ehsaan asked curiously.

“I guess to rebel against my parent’s growing luxury. I never moved on from the middle class life style I guess” Hifza stated. Ehsaan nodded. He felt bad. Hifza pleading for him to stay rung in his ears as he moved to clean up the toilet without so much of an reaction.

“Look I really sorry you have to do this. I didn’t mean to make a mess and you still don’t have to clean that up” Hifza offered.

“You don’t have to be sorry. And I can handle it” Ehsaan said with finality and left. After twenty minutes of hearing Ehsaan scrub and splash water, Hifza saw him exit the toilet with triumph. And Hifza was impressed that the toilet looked rather cleaned. Hifza gave a appreciative pat on his shoulder with a smirk.

“Congrats Hubby. You are a fine toilet cleaner. I hope you don’t mind taking that charge?” Hifza asked partially teasing.

“However victorious I may feel about my skills, I don’t think I can do it every day” Ehsaan stated.

“So I guessed” Hifza sighed.

“We can always ask for a help” Ehsaan stated.

“But I want to do the chores and look after my house” Hifza stated. The rightful way Hifza said my house was music to Ehsaan’s ears.

“We can keep a help for toilet cleaning only” Ehsaan suggested and Hifza nodded hesitantly. But soon a teasing smile spread on her face.

“I wonder if Ruma could help us with finding a help” Hifza teased as Ehsaan rolled his eyes and went away to do something about their brunch.

The rest of the day they unpacked their things and cleaned some more.  They moved the single cot bed from the small room to the living room to use it as a couch. They also found two foldable chair and table on the lob which they gladly used as dining table. After the tiring day, Hifza settled for a book and Ehsaan settled for work. He was grateful for the network which connected him to his office. Apparently the tribes had their own set of troubles in getting their troubles and Ehsaan’s respect increased even more.

Ehsaan and Hifza were grateful for the free dinner given to them as a warm welcome. Since, they were not ready for any more cooking disaster. Thus the day came to an end.

 Hifza woke up to the sound of sniffling again. But unlike the other times Ehsaan was very much conscious and turned away from her to hide his tears. Though Hifza wanted to console him, she understood he turned away because he needed privacy. And to Hifza, he was finally getting over his nightmares. So she proceeded to pray. Ehsaan chickened out yet again and watched Hifza pray. He eventually fell asleep hiccupping and Hifza followed him soon after her prayers.

Ehsaan and Hifza bolted upright when they felt the slight vibration in the house. And then they realized it was due to the loud banging in the door. Ehsaan scratched his head and slugged over to open the door. Ehsaan regretted the action as soon as he did it. There in the entrance stood Ruma in her morning glory with a thousand watt smile. And there was an argument of two women like a background song. It was a typical daughter-in law and mother-in-law bickering. Ehsaan couldn’t bring himself to mind it until he heard bits of the argument.

“Please let me have this job just to feed this boy” the younger woman pleaded looking at her son clutching to her leg.

“You killed my son. So I don’t care about the bastard child of yours” the mother-in-law growled with pure hatred.

“Mind your word Miss. Mind it that you are talking about a child” Ehsaan couldn’t help but interrupt with anger.

“Sorry it’s my fault sir” the young woman took the blame defeated and picked up her son ready to leave.

“Wait” Hifza yelled.

“What the hell are you doing? She is a good riddance” Ruma snarled at Hifza.

“She is only here because she wouldn’t stop pestering me” Ruma informed. But all that went to deaf man’s ears as Hifza already moved towards the woman.

“Hey what will you do for his food now?” Hifza asked the young woman.

“Nothing as always” the woman mumbled and departed.

“You can start working today” Hifza yelled as the woman was already good ten foots away. The younger woman returned with gratitude but the older woman started to curse the younger woman for killing his son.

“She is not responsible for anyone’s death” Hifza snapped.

“What if I am?” the younger woman dared. And Hifza saw that she was really responsible for her husband’s death.

“Then it’s unfair to punish the child for your mistakes” Hifza staring at her eyes as tears of gratitude filled her brown eyes. Ehsaan stared at his wife with a proud smirk while Ruma did the drooling.

“She is a bad news. Be careful” Ruma warned and left.

“I am Hifza” Hifza extended her hands.

“I am Aroma” Aroma said awkwardly. People treated her with disgust and she was awkward at the kindness. But anyways lend her hand.

“And this is my husband Ehsaan. And who might this little boy be?” Hifza asked. The boy flinched away with irritation as Hifza reached to pinch his cheeks.

“This is Kreacher” Aroma introduced her son fondly. She looked around for the bathroom.

“That way” Hifza pointed and Aroma made her way to do her job.

“You can leave little Kreacher with us. The cleaning supplies are not good for kids. We will look after him sister” Ehsaan offered awkwardly. Hifza gladly reached out to kreacher who refused to come to her. But he gladly went to Ehsaan. Hifza pouted childishly and Ehsaan laughed at it. And to their surprise Kreacher joined them too.   

A/N

Jazakallah Khair for the support so far. Keep Supporting. May Allah bless you all.

I wrote this chapter in middle of the class. And teacher thought I was taking notes(he he he).

Smile and Stay blessed:)