8. Our Day of Love

"Please Do your Prayers before you start reading if you have any pending. And don't make this book as a weapon for shaitaan to drive you away from your prayers"

A third person could fit in the gap that was between Hifza and Ehsaan in the bed. It relieved both of them in some way when they woke up around twelve. Ehsaan was the first to get up and freshen up. The way Hifza was clutching to a t-shirt was cool. And to realize it used to be his t-shirt was cooler. When Hifza exited the bathroom after refreshing, she saw Ehsaan with a phone and goofy smile. To Hifza the smile was special cause Ehsaan was always conserved and he only smiled lightly or laughed. When Ehsaan looked up he just came and hugged Hifza tightly. 

"Jazakallah khair" he said heartily. He released her once he realized how rigid Hifza had gone, muttering an apology. To which Hifza shrugged and gave a questioning look. Ehsaan just handed her his phone. A small smile turned into a huge grin when Hifza saw all the apologies Ehsaan had received in mail alone. Lots of employee’s apologizing and asking Ehsaan to come back to office. Many messages from fellow companies stating how sorry they were for Ehsaan and how they would not treat him differently anymore. Lots of magazines and newspapers apologized too. Many congratulations for their wedding were also there.

Ehsaan muttered another Jazakallah when he visited his face book account to find lots of people apologizing and congratulating. But there were haters and criticizers too in there. But nothing mattered anymore. Their room was in the first floor. So when they descended the stairs and entered the living room they saw Maryam and Juweriah giggling together with letters and flowers around them. When Ehsaan cleared his throat Maryam just got up and hugged Hifza tightly.

"I am so proud of you. Allah has blessed us with you. Indeed with every hardship comes the ease" said Maryam. While Ehsaan had already snatched the letter from Juweriah making her glare at him. His smile widened as he read the letter. It was yet another apology with flowers attached. And he had received a few more letters similarly.

"Looks like someone didn't sleep all night" Juweriah teased.

"Oh yeah I bet you slept well on your wedding night" Hifza replied casually. 

"See this why Usmaan is always at work. You talk too much" Ehsaan said.

"I am right here bro. Don't accuse me for being a workaholic" came Usmaan's voice. 

"What is he doing in the kitchen?" asked Ehsaan with a funny expression.

"Cooking duh" said Juweriah and went in the kitchen to help her husband. 

Soon the food was ready and they all had a brunch together. Juweriah and Ehsaan were bickering. Usmaan was fighting with Yahya to make him eat. But the Kid was one hell stubborn. So Maryam was helping Usmaan. Hifza sat there smiling. She couldn't bring herself to regret the marriage. All her regrets in the previous night went out of the window. The warmth in her new family reminded how her family had once been. But all she had for the past ten years was cold and lonely food. 

The day passed as Hifza unpacked all her stuffs and stuffed them in their room. It was hard for Hifza to cope up with the word 'their' room. But when she somehow stuffed all her things, she felt as though the room was finally complete only she didn't know it was incomplete before.  After that she sorted out the gifts she got with Juweriah, planning for the payback gifts. You see the way this world works has changed the meaning for the gifts. The gifts have rather become a give and take formality than a symbol of love. All that time Ehsaan was avoiding Hifza more like giving her privacy by digging into his laptop dealing with architecture.