17. Our Day of Love

Assalamu alaikum,

As always Allah’s obligations before reading.  

“I mean yes yes. Of course you can join us” Ehsaan coughed up passing a pointed look at Hifza who just smirked in turn.

“So are we having any specific time to leave?” Ruma asked excitedly. Partly because she was giddy about the trip with Ehsaan but mostly she was excited to receive her best friend Ryder.

“Six would be fine” Hifza said.

“So see you guys tomorrow” Ruma called out departing.

“We will pick you up” Hifza yelled.

“Party pooper” Ehsaan scowled and went to prepare their nightly disaster.

“At least I won’t be bored counting stocks” Hifza replied and joined him.

 They started their journey 45 minutes late cause Hifza slept after fajr much to Ehsaan’s protest. Ehsaan had to drag her around to get her ready. And after all that Hifza fell asleep on Ehsaan's shoulder as soon as they got into the jeep. Before Ehsaan could even take a breath of relief, Ruma was in the jeep. The atmosphere was filled with utmost awkwardness. 
"So Hifza is asleep huh?" Ruma asked getting in the back.
"Uh yeah" Ehsaan said awkwardly.
"So we are going into the town?" Ruma tried again.
"Yeah" Ehsaan said wishing for silence.
"It’s so silent" Ruma pointed out the obvious. 
"So we will be reaching the town by 11?" Ruma continued.
"Yeah In sha Allah" Ehsaan replied.
"What’s that? Insha Allah?" Ruma was determined to keep up the conversation.
"If Allah wills" Ehsaan brushed off. He was determined not to take part in any conversations. 

“Ow a religion full of obligation. I wonder how you guys cope?” she asked.

“We cope just fine. And they are not obligations forced on us. We have the choice to do it or not. But I chose to do it” Ehsaan explained glad for a religious topic.

“Why do you say it though? Isn’t it like nagging you?” she asked happy for Ehsaan’s long reply.

“Well, that’s the thing about it. I get to put all my trust and weights on Allah and sit back relaxed and watch the show. Allah is never too busy for me or anyone” Ehsaan pointed out. But he felt guilty for sounding like a pro while he is not praying.

“Fascinating I must say” Ruma complimented.

“Indeed” Ehsaan said. And again the one word answers started where Ruma tried too hard and Ehsaan never tried.

Soon it became too much for Ehsaan and he slammed the break in frustration. The Jeep came to a halt with a jerk. And to Ehsaan’s glee Hifza woke up alarmed. And from there everything fell into peace. Hifza chatted up with Ruma non-stop. And surprisingly Ruma enjoyed Hifza’s talk and humor. Ruma found lots of similarity between Hifza and Ryder. Ryder, her best friend who she is about to receive from the airport. Ruma fell asleep in between for a while. And that time was enough for Ehsaan to pick on Hifza.

“You know I am taking you girls to a small inn where they serve the most awesome food” Ehsaan had informed.

“That’s wonderful. How did you know about it?” Hifza asked casually.

“Well you know I was asking around to take someone special there. I really want that someone to feel special” Ehsaan smiled at her with malice. At that moment Hifza felt guilty. And they fell into silence.

Ehsaan took them to a really ancient old inn. Everything about the old inn had a tale to tell. It was a very reputed and a high standard place.

“How do you know about this place?” Ruma asked impressed.