Chapter 1: Abduction

Hey, y'all back with another book! Show some support!

I went and got my early morning coffee at my regular cafe.

As I turn the doorknob and push the door open, I step out into the world with anticipation. In my hand, I clutch a warm take-home cup filled with the rich aroma of espresso and steamed milk.

The steam rises from the lid, curling up and around my nose in a comforting embrace, and I take a deep breath in, savoring the scent and feeling the warmth of the cup against my palm.

I start walking, my feet carrying me in the direction of my house, and I can't help but be struck by the beauty of the morning.

Above me, the sky is a deep, rich blue, stretching out in every direction as far as the eye can see. And there, right in the center of it all, is the sun- a gigantic ball of blazingly fire, its rays penetrating my skin and warming me to the core.

The light is dazzling, almost blinding, as it shimmers and dances across the sky. It's a moment of pure joy and wonder, one that fills me with gratitude and awe at the world around me. And as I walk, I know that I'm exactly where I need to be, at this moment, with my cup of espresso and the sun on my skin.

I stand at the corner of the bustling street, gazing at the stream of cars that rush past me in a blur of noise and motion. The sounds of horns blaring, engines revving, and tires screeching fill the air.

The traffic lights turn red, and the cars come to a stop. With a glance in both directions, I seize the opportunity to cross the street.

As I stride across the asphalt, my eyes flicker toward the bakery next to me.

It's Claire's bakery, my mother's best friend and I can't help but pause to admire the mouth-watering treats on display through the bakery's huge glass window.

The cakes are the centerpiece of the shop's display, adorned with swirls of frosting, fruit slices, and colorful sprinkles that sparkle in the sunlight. The aroma of freshly baked bread and sugary confections drifts out from the inside, beckoning me closer.

I would always stop by to get something whenever I went for a morning run when I am here for the holidays from college.

I go and push the door open and walk over to the counter, catching her eyes. I can see the surprise and delight in her expression. "Hey Claire," I say with a smile, feeling grateful for the familiarity and connection that comes from visiting this place.

"Hi, Aria. OMG," she walks over and hugs me over the counter. "Look at you! It's been so long," she beams, looking at how different I got. "You're so beautiful and all grown up."

I begin to flush at her generous compliment, "Thank you," I giggle. "How are you? I love what you've done with the place," I smile at her seeing some changes.

"I know I had to give it a new look. By the way, I am great, and how are you? How's college? How is everything?" She enquires cheerfully.

"It's great, life's great, only doing what I have to do at school," she nods in understanding.

"That's what you have to do. Can I get something for you?" She queries, looking at me happily.

"Muffin," I tell her. The smell itself can make me get one. My nostrils are attracted to the aroma that it couldn't bear the thought of not having any.

"Sure. I only just finished making these," Claire says with a smile as she reaches into the glass display case and takes out a freshly baked muffin. She picks up a metallic thong and uses it to delicately grasp the muffin before placing it on a plastic plate.