Chapter 31: Universe

We finished our main course and proceeded to savor our desserts. A petite yet classic cheesecake adorned with succulent strawberries.

I observe Kitten as she takes a bite, closing her eyes and releasing a moan of delight at the delectable flavor caressing her palate. "Mhm, so good," she opens her eyes and gazes at me. "This is the best night ever. Thank you once again for all of this, Lorenzo," she smiles warmly before taking another bite.

Following suit, I relish the delightful treat. "You're right. It's delicious," I comment, indulging in another bite.

"I know, right?" She continues relishing each mouthful.

A few minutes later, our plates are empty, and we engage in conversation about life before this enchanting evening.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask, and a smile graces her lips.

"Is this a date, Lorenzo?" She smiles as if she senses it's a date but believes I'm keeping it a secret, which I am, but she's no fool.

"I don't know, is it?"

"Hm, I... I think we can call it whatever we want," she playfully tugs on a strand of her hair, looking at me, and why do I feel an overwhelming urge to cross the distance and press my lips against hers, kissing her until our lips swell?

"So, shall we dance?" I rest my open palm on the table.

"Sure, why not?" She places her hand in mine, and we rise together.

I guide her to the center and draw her close to my chest, placing one hand on her waist while the other entwines with her fingers.

The familiar melody of "Say You Won't Let Go" begins to play.

"Thank you again for this, Lorenzo," she smiles, gazing at me.

"You're welcome, Kitten," I reply, willing to do anything to make her happy.

"You're actually a great dancer," she expresses her admiration, and a proud smile graces my face.

"I've been taking lessons. It's not a big deal, though," I avert my gaze from her, feeling a hint of embarrassment.

She laughs, raising an eyebrow. "You took dancing lessons?" I chuckle at her surprise.

"Yeah, when I was in the orphanage, they allowed us to dance, and when I established my hotel, I took a few classes in anticipation of a moment like this," she nods, her smile never fading.

"You took dance lessons for a moment like this? Specifically for a moment like this?" She asks with an arched eyebrow.

"I wouldn't say it was precisely for this moment, but I would say it was for a moment like this. You understand what I mean?"

"Yeah," she chuckles. "So, you never thought you would be a womanizer forever? No offense, but we all know you weren't exactly a saint," I laugh, shaking my head.

She grows bolder with each passing day.

And I love it.

"I'm not sure if I should be offended because it's true or because it's true, I shouldn't..."

"Maybe because it's true..."

"But to answer your question, no, I never thought I would overcome my tendencies of being a playboy. However, that didn't stop me from taking dance lessons or harboring a glimmer of hope for a day like this," I draw her closer to my chest, and she leans her head against me.

"Was this the moment you were waiting for?" She murmurs, and I remember that I haven't confessed my love to her, which I should do tonight.

"I'm not sure, but maybe..." I trail off, resting my head atop hers.