Chatper 11: Escape

There is a moment of quietness after he stated that. "I'll check, and if she's not there, I'll call the boss after I will kill you and her!" The door slams shut, and he continues to roar threateningly from the other side.

I open the bathroom door and Lorenzo hurry towards me. "Grab your things, we're leaving!" He commands, armed and ready, and I quickly gather my belongings filled with uncertainty and fear.

"What's going to happen?" I ask worried about the risks we're facing, and he assures me by gripping my arm tightly, and leading the way to the door.

Unexpectedly he grabs on to my arm then hurries, pulling me towards the door while I hesitate to step because of how fearful I am to go back out there.

He turns to look at me, "I won't let anything happen to you, I promise, just follow me," he assures me, placing his hand on the doorknob, and I swallow in horror.

He turns it and studies outside, and when he sees that it's clear, he starts rushing down the steps with his gun aiming in all directions, his hand still clutches around my arm tightly.

He reaches the door and opens it, dragging me inside. "What-" two guys turn to look at us, and Lorenzo fires two shots each inside their chests before we run towards the main door.

He opens it, and we get outside and start looking around. When the sunlight and wind touch my body, I almost sunk to the floor in ecstasy.

It's been a while since I felt them or even smelt the fresh air.

Lorenzo leads me to a black sports car, pulling out his keys.

My eyes widen in fear as I see another guy appear, pointing his gun at us. "Lorenzo!" He roars dangerously, making me jerk and shriek in fright, my eyes swelling from my sockets.

We are doom! So, doom!

In a split second, Lorenzo shields me and fires at the approaching man before he opens my side of the door and pushes me inside, closing it and running towards the driver's side, shots hurling after him.

My heart begins to hammer out of my chest, and my eyes bulge out of their sockets while I watch the bullet misses him by few inches.

Each time one flew past him, I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands in terror.

As he gets inside the car, I breathe a sigh of relief, grateful for his protection.

He firmly grips the steering wheel, starting the car and accelerating at full speed, the shots continuing  to rain down on us, colliding with the car as I huddle, trying to shield myself from them, my heart pounding, and hands trembling.

Eventually, I raise my head and look behind us, relieved to see our pursuer is no longer behind.

I let out a deep breath, knowing that without Lorenzo's i would've been dead ages ago.

Turning to him as he drives, I offer a small smile and say, "Thank you." I genuinely appreciate his selfless act, knowing that not everyone would have done the same.

He appears puzzled, furrowing his eyebrows, and questions, "Why? What are you thanking me for?"

I respond with a questioning look, wondering why he doesn't realize, "For saving me. You could've left me, and..."

He interrupts, shaking his head, "I wasn't going to leave you. Saving you was my choice. You don't need to thank me."

But I insist solemnly, "No, I need to. You never had to do it."

He glances at me, curious, and asks, "Why?"

"Because you never had to risk your life for me," I explain sincerely, licking my bottom lip.

His willingness to protect me touches my heart deeply. I have never had anyone go that far for me.

He laughs, shaking his head. "You're my fucking submissive baby girl. I wouldn't have left you there even if it was a worsen situation," he carries one of his hands on my cheek and caresses it with a small smile, making my stomach erupt into a dance, and my heart to melt by the soft impact to my skin.

The effect he already has on me.

I find myself smiling like an idiot as I look out the window, watching the buildings swiftly disappear due to the car's speed. "Oh, yeah," I mutter to myself before curiosity prompts me to ask, "Where are we going?"

"Far from here," he responds, his hand steady on the steering wheel as we drive away.

I never prophesied something like this would ever happen in my life, meaning getting abducted, being submissive, being shoot at, and having someone like Lorenzo.

The last few days have been a whirlwind, and I find it hard to comprehend or explain any of it.

Everything feels so surreal and utterly bizarre.

"How far? I'm just curious," I inquire, though deep down, I wonder if I'll ever be free.

Then again, perhaps not, since I've given myself to him. It's all so strange, but there's a strange connection between us that defies explanation.

And I hope he'll allow me to continue attending college and visit my parents, as long as it doesn't pose any risks.

Not that I need his permission to live my life, but I'm aware that I'm still in captivity and now have enemies.

"Hotel to stay the night, couple days, weeks, I don't know," he shrugs, his gaze fixed on the road.

I glance behind and I gasp when I spot a red Mercedes rapidly closing in on us. "Lorenzo?" I exclaim, wide-eyed and fearful.

"Enough with the questions, Kitten," he retorts.

"No, there's a car chasing after us!" I turn fully to face him, dread filling my heart.

"What?!" He checks the rearview mirror, his expression turning grim as he grits his teeth. "Fuck!"