Chapter 27: What love causes

I push the hospital door open and walk my way over to the front desk, where a lady sat. "Excuse me," I say noiselessly, leaning on the desk. She looks up at me then smiles.

"How can I assist you, Mr. Fernández?"

I am kind of popular around New York City because of how often I donate money to hospitals, homeless shelters, and people.

"I, um, got shot-" her eyes widen.

"You got shot?! Omg! Can I get nurses over here!" I sigh knowing that I didn't want to get this much attention.

Four nurse starts running over to me while people are staring. One of the nurses grabs a wheelchair on their way over.

Why are they behaving like this? It's not that severe. Of course, it pains like a bitch, but you don't see me acting up.

"Trust me. It's not that serious-!" One of the nurses shoves me down on the wheelchair then they start pushing me to a room while they examine my shoulder.

"Oh my, the bullet went right through his shoulder!" One of them explains.

They rush me inside the emergency room then closes the room after them.

I only hope Kitten doesn't realize when I go to see her after.

***

I walk from the emergency room and start my way towards the elevator. I press the button to open it, then go inside before closing it and pressing the floor Kitten is on.

It starts moving, and a minute later, it stops. I exit and start my way to Kitten's room.

I push the door open, and I freeze in my tracks!

What the fuck!

My head starts moving around the room for Kitten before I walk towards the bathroom. I push the door open then my eyes widen. "Fuck no!" I rush out of the room in a panic.

Where the fuck is she!? No, no!

I see a doctor passing by, and I hurry over to him.

"Excuse me, sir, have you seen where the patient for this room went? She was just there a couple of hours ago!" He looks behind me where I am talking about, then shook his head.

"No, sir. You'll have to check with the patient's doctor," he proceeds to walk away.

"Where is the doctor?" I ask.

My body is in spasm and trepidation. What if someone took her! My phone was down, so I can't track her.

"I don't know sir. Will you excuse me, I have to go to patients right now-"

"Sir, you don't understand we are in danger. Anyone could've taken her," I explain to him, agitated.

My breathing, growing ragged in my throat.

"I don't know what to tell you, sir-"

"Y-you fucking work here, help me find my fucking girl! She couldn't have fucking left the fucking hospital in her situation!" My voice is raised. I can't lose Kitten.

Who could've taken her?

"I-I don't know, sir-"

"I swear to God, if I don't find her in one piece, I will burn this fucking hospital to the ground!" I start looking around with my hands on my head, uncertain of what to do.

There is no fucking way in hell this is happening.

Who the fuck has taken her! "Kitten!" I shout my lungs out, causing attention to myself, but I could care less. "Kitten!"