Chapter 37: Reality

"Aaaaagh!" I leap forward from my bed in dread as my car was about to hit rock bottom, my heart hammering out of my chest.

Someone hand grasps my cheek and turns me around to look at them. "It's only a dream," Kitten caresses my cheek with a reassuring smile.

My eyes widen at the sight of her, my heart suddenly stopping as I quickly clutch her delicate face and draw her closer to me, lamenting my mistakes and shaking my head. "I thought I lost you because of me," I mutter, as tears begin streaming down my face, "Kitten, I love you. I regret not telling you sooner, but I love you with every fiber of my being, and I want to spend the rest of my life by your side," I rest my head against hers, overcome with emotion, glad that I never lost her.

I never lost her.

It was all just a dream.

A bad dream.

I have her, and I promise to cherish her forever until the day I die, and even when I die, I'll be waiting for her in heaven to continue loving her.

She's the love of my life, and I won't make another mistake again by letting her go. I never wanted to let her go, I only wanted to protect her, but now I've learned that I am the only one she has and can protect her from any danger.

Kitten giggles while furrowing her eyebrows as she responds,"You never lost me, my love. We've already exchanged vows, and you express your love for me every single day." She lets out a slight chuckle, seemingly amused by the situation before she leans in to kiss my lips, with a smile lingering on her face as she does so.

A heaved sigh of relief leaves my lips, feeling reassured and content.

She pulls from me, causing me to groan for her to keep her lips locked with mine. "No, come back, baby," I pout, craving her, watching as she gets from the bed and then grabs her underwear and clothing.

I watch as she gets dressed in her jeans and t-shirt, turning to look at me with a beautiful smile. God, she is breathtaking.

"We have to go get our daughter at school," she utters, chuckling at me. At her words, my eyes widen from their sockets.

We have a daughter. A sigh leaves my lips knowing I've fulfill my dreams.

Kitten and I made a little one. As if life couldn't get any more perfect.

I rotate my body to leave the bed, and my gaze is drawn to a photograph resting on the nightstand. The image portrays a cherished moment with Kitten, our beautiful daughter, and myself.

My heart swells with affection as I take in the sight of our little one, radiating beauty that closely resembles her mother, yet with my eyes. She stands between Kitten and me in the photograph, beaming with a captivating smile, filling my soul with joy and contentment.

She looks like both of us.

Kitten's gentle voice breaks the silence as she asks, "Isn't she lovely?" I turn my gaze toward her and see a radiant smile on her face.

The overwhelming surge of emotions hits me, and tears threaten to spill from my eyes. It feels as though all my longings have finally been fulfilled, and I'm filled with an immense sense of joy and contentment.

To be with Kitten and to start a family living happily ever after.

I place the photo back onto the nightstand, standing from our bed before walking over to Kitten, grabbing onto her throat, and pulling her closer to me, causing her hands to land on my chest before she carries them around my neck, pulling my head lower so that she can kiss me.