Chapter 21: Shopping

I am sitting on the edge of the bed with my clothes already on, waiting until Lorenzo gets back.

He's been gone for at least twenty minutes.

The door pushes open suddenly, and Lorenzo walks in with a food trolley and a white table cloth over it, grinning at me insanely sexily.

I smile at him shaking my head, knowing he must've argued with the chefs to get this done in the early morning.

It's about one in the morning, to be exact.

"He halts before me, positioned by the trolley. 'Your dinner is here, or should I say breakfast at this hour, ma'am." I chuckle as he bows, then deftly unveils the spread.

My mouth waters at the sight of shrimp pasta, vegetables, red lobsters, onion rings, garlic bread, roast beef, a bowl of green grapes, raspberries, blueberries, a slice of chocolate and vanilla cake, accompanied by a classic red wine in wine glasses.

He lifts a lid, revealing a steak with sauce beside it. "Sorry for the mix; it's what they had."

"Well, this is quite a feast. Let's dig in. Thank you," I express gratitude, pondering where to begin. He grins sexily.

"No problem. What would you like, kitten?"

"Interesting question. Let me have a bit of everything except the cake; save that for last," I observe as he prepares my meal and places it before me.

The delightful aroma wafts to my nose, and my stomach rumbles. Glancing at Lorenzo, I notice he's not indulging himself but rather watching me. "Why aren't you eating?" I inquire curiously, knowing I can't eat it all by myself.

"I will, but not until I see you take a bite," he says, and I smile tenderly, and he reciprocates.

I start eating, savoring bites from various parts of my plate.

As I near the end of my meal, Lorenzo finally helps himself and joins me. Once we finish, we're immobilized on the bed. "I can't handle any more," I groan, turning to Lorenzo with a cheeky grin.

He laughs, turning to me. "Same here. Can't remember the last time I ate so much. Glad you enjoyed it," he smiles, his smile igniting my chest.

"I did. Please extend my compliments to the chefs," I groan, rubbing my stuffed stomach. "And the cake was amazing."

He laughs, "Indeed it was."

"You weren't supposed to touch my cake, and you did," I frown, and he chuckles, softening my expression, though I'm still a bit annoyed he indulged.

"You're lucky I didn't finish it all; I deserve an award for fetching the food," he grins proudly.

"Here's your reward," I playfully punch his well-defined stomach, still remarkably sculpted despite his feast.

"Ahh! Kitten!" He groans, holding his stomach and then laughs. I know he didn't feel a thing.

"It's for the sake of my cake," I pout.

"Due to that, we're taking a cold shower tonight," he smiles mischievously.

"Noooo..."

***

Later that morning

I push the door to the third store open and step inside.

"How many more stores do we have to go to?" Lorenzo asks, groaning and clearly fatigued from our New York shopping spree.

When I said we visited three stores, I meant we only got outfits that I liked at three stores, but we visited about seven stores plus the three we went to.