Chapter 19: Avoiding

I never thought people's minds could've changed this quickly after making a big decision to be with someone, after arguing and making an agreement about the things that were pulling them apart.

A week had passed, and Lorenzo and I are still staying at Elite Suites, and nothing much had happened between us.

After the argument we had, he is not touching me like the way I need him to, or he used to. He doesn't want to have sex with me, and I don't know what's wrong.

I am starting to wonder if it was something that I said that hurt him, but either way, we were good after, so I don't understand his sudden change of mood.

He talks to me once or twice, and we slept in the same bed, but he won't touch me in any kind of way, and he's hardly ever around.

I am not sure why because we are being hunted by insane men, and we need to keep hidden from their danger, but he's not staying put or is even trying to keep me safe from them. I've been locked inside my room all week, and that's not enough.

Nonetheless, I didn't mention to him about knowing who he was because I've been busy trying to get the old Lorenzo back, the one who wants to fuck the hell and energy out of me. That's something I've never thought of thinking, but not doing it so long is tearing me up. Lorenzo is too good at it that he makes me don't want to stop craving him.

Aside from all that, I keep reassuring myself that my mother is fine because Lorenzo is positive, that she is. Most nights, I couldn't sleep because I kept pondering about her with that psycho man called Alex and what he might do.

I am still appalled that he's the one behind all this, but not everyone shows their true self, so you can't trust anyone. But I can trust Lorenzo.

I look up at the bathroom door where Lorenzo walks from, drying his hair with a towel and one wrapped around his waist.

I watched him get dressed, also stripping naked before me, and I am not going to lie but seeing him like that had me feeling some type of way.

He pulls his t-shirt over his head then goes towards his car keys, grabbing his wallet and phone.

"You're leaving again?" I ask, sitting on the center of the bed with my feet cross on my lap, playing with my fingers. It is early in the morning, and he didn't even tell me good morning, but the first thing he did when he woke was head inside the bathroom.

"Yup," he didn't even turn to look at me when he states that one word. I didn't like it when he said that; it's giving me the 'I don't want to talk to you' vibes, and it makes me feel like I was the one that did something, and I don't know what I did.

"Where are you going?" I ask him nervously, looking at my fingers before looking back at him.

"Somewhere important, don't worry," he starts his way towards the door. I didn't want him to go through it and leave me.

Every time he stepped foot out there, he would leave me apprehensive, fearing someone coming inside to kill me. I need him here to protect me.

"Well, can you stay today?" I mutter, looking at my fingers.

"I can't," he opens the door, "sorry," with that, he left. Leaving me with the urge to cry.

Why is he doing this to me?! What did I do but want to stay with him!

Is there someone else? Why would he even date someone else when we were good, a week ago.

I get to my feet then make my way towards the door, using my hand to check if it was locked. I make my way back to the bed then lay on it, focusing my eyes on the glass that has a view of the city.

Morning turns, afternoon then afternoon turns to evening. I get from the bed then walk inside the bathroom.

I make my way back in a white tank top and black shorts that Lorenzo bought for me. I make my way and lay back in bed before closing my eyes.

The sun was setting as I begin to drift off to sleep.

-

My eyes snap open when someone hand touches my cheek, causing me to abruptly sit up bed in terror. "It's okay, it's just me," Lorenzo mutters while he's sitting on the edge of the bed next to me.

I sigh in relief when I see it's him, but my eyes begin to water, thinking about him leaving me all alone, knowing that I am scared.

I look at the clock next to me, seeing that it's nine in the night before I carry my eyes back to Lorenzo's concerned ones. "Why are you crying?" He uses his thumb to wipe away my tears. I remove his hand from my face.

"Because of you, Lorenzo! Why are you acting like this?" I need to know why all of a sudden.

He turns his head away from me then forces to carry them back. "I don't know," he bows his head and sighs.

"Do you ever once think about how I feel when you're acting this way? Everything was fine a week ago, then suddenly you are behaving the way you are!"

He licks his lips, "I am still trying to process what you said about trusting me-"

"What does that have to do with avoiding me, Lorenzo?!"

"Because I keep thinking that you're going to change your mind about me, and you're going to leave. I never thought this would affect me because I make the rules, but with you, I want you to choose what you want, and I don't want you to choose to leave me, so it's making me scared to feel you or even be too close to you because I don't want to scare you away as I did before-"

"But that's only pushing me away, Lorenzo. I am starting to think you are the one that doesn't want me anymore. You're even leaving me here all alone when you know that persons are after us. When you leave, it scares me, Lorenzo," he softens, looking at me.

"Kitten, I am sorry. I am sorry I made you feel scared. I was being selfish, I admit. I was only making this about me, and I wasn't seeing what it was doing to you. Come here," he opens his arms wide, and I go and sit on his lap, wrapping my feet around his waist, then I lean my head on his shoulder, hugging his warm body.

I've been needing this for so long, his touch of affection and feeling safe in his arms, knowing that he's here to protect me no matter what.

"I don't want to fight anymore," I tell him, knowing that's pulling us apart.

"Me neither," he stays silent, holding me into his chiseled chest. "I was not only trying to avoid you, but I was trying to save us," I lift my head from his shoulder to look at him, confuse.

"What do you mean?" I enquire.

"I've not only gone out there to be away from you, but I've been working with Diego and his men. We have been watching Alex and his men for quite some time, but we're not ready to strike at them until it's time."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, knowing I would've felt better if I knew what he has been doing.

"I didn't want to worry you. I am sorry," he uses the back of his hand to caress my cheek while he looks me in the eyes.

His eyes show how sorry he is and how concern he's about me.

"It's okay," I lean his head against his shoulder, holding him tighter into my arms. "I only want to feel you again," I close my eyes, inhaling his scent.

What has this man done to me to make me want him this much?

His hands slowly move down my waist, sending electrifying waves through my entire body, before he moves his hands over my hips and down to my thighs, keeping them there and making me gasp and grind my hips against him.

I pull back to look him into his eyes as I feel his dick hardness against me, making me moan out in desire.

He removes a piece of my hair from my face then kisses the top of my head. He stands from the bed, lifting me with him while my feet are wrapped around his waist before he turns around and carefully lays me on my back.