Chapter 32: Home is with you

I grasp the knife just in time and slam him into the elevator door before it could've penetrated my chest. I twist it around briskly then hurl it into the guy's chest with a vicious blow.

He grunts and begins to slide to the floor in agony. His hand grabs onto the knife inside his chest and pulls it out, panting in pain before he slumps to the floor, his head dropping to the side with his eyes closed.

I grab my chest in relief, leaning my back against the wall, sighing a deep exhalation. "Oh, my fucking God," I mumble out at the same time the door opens.

The guy's body slumps down backward, and all eyes turn to look at me with gasps of shock and terror and horrifying screams. I look over at my receptionist and give her a slight nod.

She returns it and proceeds to do what she's supposed to do.

I have to get to Kitten! He can't be the only one here.

They can't be that stupid to send one man after me, I was too dangerous for that.

I close the elevator door then press the floor she's on. I try to calm myself as I worry about what is happening there now.

The fucking elevator is moving so slow!

She's fine, she's fine. She can handle herself. Freaking, no! I have to go there before they kill her and take her away from me forever. I can't let that happen. I fucking love her!

The door opens, and I bolt from it then rush towards our room. Meters away from it, I see that the door's open and a pair of feet is lying outside.

I rush over to the door seeing Kitten panting and a body lying before her with shattered glass on the floor before his bleeding head.

Kitten's POV

"I-I thought i-it was you a-and and I-I opened t-the d-door and got attacked," I say, stuttering in panic. I thought I was going to die.

Lorenzo rushes over to me in no time and hugs me into his chest while tears rush from my eyes. "W-what's going o-on, Lorenzo?" His hand starts soothing my hair down as he whispers. "Everything is fine now," over and over again.

"You're safe with me now," I can feel his heart pounding out of his chest.

"Who are they?" I lift my head to look at him.

"Diego's men, we have to leave. Grab your things," he turns away, then goes and grabs his gun from his drawer, leaving me staring at him. "Now, Aria, we don't have much time."

I start my way to grab my things and pack them. I wonder where we are going? I look over at Lorenzo ready to leave and notice he's not gathering anything.

I look at him, confuse, but before I can say anything, he grabs my arm and starts pulling me through the door.

We step over the body on the floor and walk towards the elevator.

He opens it then we both walk inside. Lorenzo closes the door and presses the button for the bottom floor.

It starts moving down.

It opens after a few seconds, and we walk out seeing paramedics pulling a body in a body bag out and people watching and gossiping.

What the hell happened here?

"Julian, there is another man on the eleventh floor, room 36E. Take care of him, and I will transfer the cash to your account," Lorenzo says to a detective, who nods, walking away.

Lorenzo starts pulling me out of the hotel, not saying anything to me, and I am a bit curious.

We reach outside, and I turn to look at him with a puzzled look. "Why are you transferring cash to a detective?" I ask curiously.