Chapter 24: Until death do us apart

Lorenzo's POV

I groan, opening my eyes with a throbbing headache. I lift my head from the table I was lying on, and my eyes start darting around manically.

I have to find her!

Fuck they took her away from me! No, no, no! I vault from the chair I was in, grabbing my phone from my pocket.

I hope she's okay. People were still here muttering and pointing, so I guess they didn't leave a long time ago, so she must be alright. For now, at least.

I go on my GPS on my phone, seeing that the tracker I planted inside Kitten's shoulder is working. I sigh in relief, snatching my keys from my jeans before bolting towards my parked car.

The tracking on the screen shows they are headed from New York. I am not letting them kill my kitten.

She means so much to me, and I can't lose her. She's a big part of my life. After all these years of searching, she's finally mine.

I start my car in dread for her, and I am livid out of my mind to get her safe. I am willing to go to the extreme for her.

My car speeds out from the parking space, and my eyes kept glancing at the phone to see where they will go.

My car starts veering past cars as it speeds out into the distance, not stopping at anything.

Blood is going to shed, and I am sure it's not mine, and it damn sure won't be Kitten.

I take a fast risky crash turn, with my tires screeching against the road. I lug my gear stick and speed into the distance.

I glance back on the phone, seeing that they aren't far ahead of me. Oh, I can't wait to kill them.

Nobody messes with what's mine! No fucking God damn body! I start slamming my left hand on the steering wheel with ferocity, deeming that I let this happened to her. I fucking promised I would protect her, and this is what happened.

Stupid me!

I swear I am going to kill every last one of them and that freaking Alex! They are going to regret ever touching her! I am a man of my word!

I speed beyond some cars, veering them left and right. I catch sight of the red Mercedes five cars away, speeding on the highway.

I frown, grabbing my phone, then I dial Diego's number, and at the first ring, he answers as I expect him to. "I didn't expect you to be up so soon, but I believe you're holding up? Considering losing her," I hear the skank snarls through the phone with a peal of bitter laughter.

"We can end this now, stop the car and let the girl lose," I growl viciously with my grip around the wheel tightening. "But I won't promise you this will end good for you," I warn, my voice sounding dangerous and heavyset and like a man that shouldn't be crossed.

"I'd say the same, Lorenzo. This won't end well for both of us."

"So you agreed I would hunt you down!?" I gnarl fiercely.

"I know you, Lorenzo. You will burn the entire city for someone you care about," he chuckles uncaringly. "And you don't have much time left before she dies," I can hear Kitten screaming for help, and that makes me enraged.

If angry was a person, I would've been the description.

"If you lay a hand on her, I swear-!" I roar through the phone.

"Too bad you'll only get to see her when she dies, and I will teach you a lesson to do your job when you do get one to do!"

"Too bad I started coming sooner. Therefore, no, I won't be needing a lesson!" I press on my gas, speeding past cars and closer to the marked Mercedes. "You're a dead man Diego!"