Chapter 2: Abductor

"Hello?" I whisper, my voice barely audible in the stillness of the room. It feels strange to speak at all, as if the silence around me is sacred and my words are an intrusion.

I twist and turn, confused.

What am I supposed to do?

Panic starts to well up inside me, and I feel a knot form in my stomach.

Are they going to come back for me? If they do, they might kill me.

My eyes dart around manically, looking for an escape before they do come back, but who am I kidding? I can't see anything.

I begin to use my fingers to seek out anything that I could hold onto, so I can hide somewhere safe-

Click.

Bright lights are now inside the room, which means I am not inside alone.

The sudden burst of illumination sends shivers down my spine as I realize I am no longer in the darkness. My heart races with fear and anticipation as I wonder who or what could be lurking in the shadows.

Is someone going to murder me!? The thought crosses my mind, and my breath quickens with anxiety.

My eyes dart around before me, searching for any signs of danger. I feel vulnerable and exposed, as if every inch of my body is screaming out for protection.

No no- I try to shake off the fear that grips me, but it's no use. The fear is all-consuming, and I can feel it taking over my body. I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down, but it only makes things worse. I feel like I am suffocating in my own fear.

"There she is," I hear a low-pitch voice says, the voice a bit husky. I suck in a deep breath and slowly turn around, seeing this tall, lean figure leaning against the wall with one foot up against it and his hands inside his jeans pockets. "You weren't what I anticipated, Aria," he pauses, "Or should I call you Kitten. You look like a Kitten-"

"W-what?" I ask confuse. W-what am I doing here?" I stutter out, my heart thrashing against my chest.

He sighs and starts his way towards me while I step back in terror. "I am not going to hurt you, at least that was what I was paid to do, but you don't deserve that," my mouth opens and closes like a fish, without making a sound as fear takes over my body. He was paid to hurt me who would do such a thing, or he's lying.

"Stay- a-away," I tell him, gulping and running my fingers over my frizzy, wild hair with shaking hands, panic taking me over.

"I am not going to hurt you-" his deep voice utter while he stops coming towards me, so I stop backing away.

"You said you were paid to hurt me!" I yell. "Of course, you're going to hurt me," I say with fear for my life, unable to relax.

I can no longer see anything but threat.

"I-"

I feel a knot form in my stomach, knowing he's trying to play mind games with me, but I'm not going to fall for it.

I shake my head slowly, my eyes fixed on him, trying to convey my unwavering determination. I take a step back, my heart pounding in my chest.

I can't believe that I'm in this situation. I never wanted any of this to happen. All I wanted was to come back home to the place where I grew up, but now, I realize that was a mistake. I never thought I would say this, but I regret coming back home.

I take another step back, trying to put some distance between myself and the man in front of me before shaking my head again, trying to clear the fog from my mind. I am not ready to die, not like this. I need to find a way out to escape this nightmare. But for now, all I can do is stand there, facing the man who wants to kill me, and hope I will survive.