Chapter 30: The hours with you

"You are so incredibly beautiful," I whisper, my fingers caressing her cheek repeatedly, unable to resist the allure of her soft skin.

Our eyes remain locked in an intimate gaze as we lie on the bed, facing each other.

The morning has arrived, yet neither of us wishes to leave this comfortable haven. We both cherish each other's presence, and there is no one else with whom I'd rather spend my time.

"I love it when you say that," she murmurs, a shy smile dancing on her lips, her cheeks turning a delightful shade of pink.

I can't help but smirk, reveling in the knowledge that I've caused her blush. She's utterly adorable.

"I know it's true. You are the most beautiful person in the world," I express sincerely, a genuine smile gracing my face as I gaze at her.

Her blush deepens, and I never thought her complexion could grow any rosier. She's akin to a living tomato.

"I am not..." she starts to protest, but I playfully interrupt.

"Uh-huh," I playfully poke her nose, eliciting a giggle from her as she nestles closer to me. "I assure you, it's an indisputable fact. You possess beauty inside and out," I delicately tuck a strand of her natural red-orange hair behind her innocent, rounded face, my eyes fixated on her enticing pink lips.

Leaning in, I gently peck her lips and pull away, observing as she slowly opens her eyes, meeting my gaze with a blissful smile.

"Thank you, Lorenzo," she reaches up, her hand cradling my face, her eyes intently studying mine. "You're an amazing person," she affirms, her smile radiating warmth, and I mirror her expression.

Why does she constantly thank me? I adore hearing her sweet and gracious words, but I can't fathom what I've done to deserve such gratitude.

"Tell me something about yourself that I haven't yet figured out?" I ask.

I might know a lot about her, but a lot is not always enough. I deserve to know everything about her.

She smiles playfully. "I was born in Virginia, and you know what? I'm going to keep you guessing about my favorite color. Joking. I don't have just one because I genuinely love all colors," she grins mischievously.

"Why is that?" I inquire.

"Well, each color carries beautiful meanings, except for black and maybe red. Black symbolizes death, evil, or some form of wickedness. Red is associated with the devil and death as well, but it also represents love, so it's not always negative. But yeah, I don't have any specific favorites. What about you?"

I chuckle, my thumb gently brushing against her cheek as I admire her beauty. "Well, funny enough, my favorite color happens to be black, so does that mean I'm evil-"

She interrupts, raising her index finger. "Not necessarily. It's still just a color, right?" She asks, giggling.

We spend an hour discovering more about each other, finding commonalities that bring us closer.

It becomes evident that she is truly the one for me. But what warms my heart the most is when I ask her about her understanding of love, and she responds with sincerity.

Flashback

"What is love to you?" I inquire.

"What is love?" She ponders, a smile gracing her lips, revealing her pearly whites. "Well... love is an incredibly potent emotion. It possesses great strength and encompasses everything one needs to endure, whether it's loving oneself or someone special. Love is a promise, a commitment to spend an eternal life with another person. It means trust, care, and forgiveness. Love is a deep devotion, a choice to be with someone and never abandon them," she whispers, her eyes filled with a dreamy gaze as she gently plays with my ear.