Chapter 7: Caught

After cautiously descending the last step of the staircase, I head towards the door where Lorenzo first brought me up here.

As I approach, the doorknob suddenly turns, filling me with dread, and I quickly retreat behind the staircase, holding my breath and anxiously leaning against the wall.

Waiting until the footsteps fade away, I emerge from my hiding spot and make my way back to the door.

With a trembling hand, I reach out and grasp the doorknob once more.

Am I truly doing this?

Risking my life. Lorenzo would not be pleased by this, and I only hope I can escape before he gets back then I can move out of the state.

As I turn the doorknob, I suddenly hear footsteps approaching.

In a panic, I push the door open, rush inside, and close it tightly, leaning on it with relief.

Slowly I open my eyes, but to my surprise, I find myself face to face with a group of dangerous and scary men who were frozen in surprise.

Realizing I'm in deep trouble, I wish I had stayed in Lorenzo's room, but it's too late now.

The door behind me pushes me forward, and I turn towards it, seeing another well-built man enter the room after cracking the door open and spotting me.

I am screwed, fucked, and dead.

One of the intimidating men strides towards me cracking his knuckles with a scowl and dangerous eyes, and immediately I feel trapped, realizing this may be my last moment alive.

I can't believe the situation I've gotten myself into!

"Where do you think you're going, bitch?!" The guy bellows, causing me to step back in fear until my back is against the door. "Trying to escape?"

Their murderous stares make my body tremble.

I feel like a zebra surrounded by cheetahs, but instead, it's huge, angry, and despicable men.

My hand slowly reaches for the doorknob, trying to open it, but my trembling fingers only hit against it instead.

Fuck!

The guy spots me and swiftly approaches, and  in horror I quickly grab the doorknob, attempting to open the door, but before I can pass through, he forcefully shuts it. Then, he grabs me tightly from behind, restraining me.

"Let me go!" I shout at him as he leads me towards the other men, fear and anxiety surging through me, causing my breathing to quicken, and goosebumps to cover my body.

My face betrays my agitation and concern for my life.

"This bitch should've been dead a long time ago!" One of them roars, moving closer with a furious expression, his large fists clenching, veins bulging on his forehead, and his imposing figure exudes power. "Dead!" He repeats, pointing at me menacingly.

"We can handle her ourselves; that guy isn't competent enough," another snarls, clenching his jaw with rage.

"No, please don't!" I cry desperately. "I'll do anything, just let me go, please!" My legs weaken, and my breathing becomes erratic. "P-please!" My eyes plea.

They all laugh cruelly at me, making me feel like I'm the insane one.

One of them steps forward, while I am held firmly, and he grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"Honey, you're the key to our payday," he says, releasing his grip and laughing wickedly.

He must be referring to the money they'll receive once they've killed me.

Fuck! I don't want to die.

I never needed Lorenzo as much as I need him now.
I regret leaving when he told me not to.

He promised he would protect me and not kill me, and I didn't trust him, and now I wish I did, even what he did to me three days ago.

"How did she manage to escape from the cell Lorenzo locked her in?" One of them asks while I stand frozen, unable to say anything because revealing what Lorenzo did would put his life at risk. "Bitch, how did you escape!" The man questions me aggressively, his veins throbbing in his neck.

With trembling lips, I manage to speak, "I-I used my hairpin." I close my mouth, glancing up at him timidly, anticipating his wrath.

Just as he prepare to strike me, a door opens and closes, causing my eyes to open to see Lorenzo, his presence immediately sparking fury.

He looks at me coldly, then at the man holding me. "What the absolute fucking is going on?!" His deep voice snarls viciously.

The man retorts, "We should be asking you that! You should've killed her a long time ago-"

"I was on it, Marvin! That's what I planned on doing today!" Lorenzo growls, clenching his fists.

"Well, you almost lost her, so we'll take care of her-" the man argues, and Lorenzo eyes shoots him a deadly glare.

"Let. The girl. Go!" He shouts fiercely, his deep voice deadly. "I will take care of her myself!" He states as he starts his way over to me, his eyes flaring with fire and danger.

I am happy he's here to save me, but I am concerned about what he has in store for me.

He doesn't like to be disobeyed, and I did that when I chose to leave but got caught.

"You think you make the rules here? You failed to do your job! So I will take over!" The guy holding me yells, squishing me with his hands, making me wince in pain.

Lorenzo witnessed when I winced in pain and a brief expression of concern flickers across his face, but it quickly turns to anger. "I might not make the rules, but I sure as hell do what I want! If I see her still restrained when I get there, you'll regret it!" He declares, his voice chillingly firm and deadly.

The other guys mockingly chuckles, challenging him, "You think you can take all of us!?"

Lorenzo's eyes narrows as he approaches me step by step, growling, "Try me!" He shouts.

The guy glances at Lorenzo, roll his eyes, and then pushes me towards him, and despite my desire to run into his arms, I know that would give us away.

"I don't get paid enough for this nonsense!" The guy grumbles, leaving the other men puzzled as to why he let me go.

Lorenzo tightly grips my arms behind my back while placing his other hand on the back of my neck, urging me toward the door.

"Act!" He whispers fiercely in my ear as we make our way through the room filled with hostile men who want me gone.

Trembling, I plead desperately, "Please, don't do this! I don't want to die." Lorenzo shuts the door behind us and forces me up the stairs into his room, where he slams the door shut.

Glaring down at me with anger and a cold expression, he growls. "What the hell were you thinking!"