Chapter 36: Sorrow

She doesn't give any possibility for us to infer anything as she proceeds to carry the trigger down to fire at me, and knowing I can't let her kill me, I do what any other person would do and fire at her before she could get the prospect.

The bullet I fired sent through her chest, knocking her to the floor, where she cries out in anguish, clutching her wound that gushes blood.

"Shit," I hiss, hastening over to her, knowing I just shot Kitten's mother, and she was going to hate me for life even though it was self-defense.

When I stoop before her, my hands stop halfway in reaching for her bullet wound when I suddenly catch sight of a figure tied up with blood flowing from her heart at the corner of my eye.

I quickly pivot myself toward the person so I can get a better look. Immediately my heart drops to my stomach as soon as I recognized the body.

No.

Fuck.

Suddenly, I rise from the floor, letting go of my gun with apprehension and shock, rushing over to her.

My voice echoes as I call out her name with fear, "Kitten!" My hands tremble as I reach out to touch her, trying to wake her up, feeling as if all the internal parts of my body contract and shut down in a state of great distress, devastation, and fear.

I vigorously shake Kitten's body to get her to wake up and come back to me, but she won't wake. SHE'S NOT WAKING!

"K-kitten! No-no, no, no," my voice shakes with horror and shock,  tears pouring uncontrollably from my eyes, blurring my vision, my body shutting down, making it difficult to stand.

My legs give out, and I collapse onto my knees with a heavy thud. "No, Kitten!" I scream at the top of my lungs, staring at her lifeless form and quivering with uncontrollable sobs.

I weakly carry my shaking hands to her face, my lips gaping lip a fish as I begin caressing it, noticing her hands still cuffed to the headboard.

I struggle to stand on my feet, my whole body feeling numb from dread, horror, distress, and shock. "W-where the f-fuck the-" I choke out, as my eyes spot the key on the nightstand.

Quickly grabbing the key, I slide it into each cuff, shaking while I do so.

Kitten's hands' drop from the headrest, and then I move to sit beside her, lifting her delicate body into my arms, hugging her close, and cradling her on my lap. "I-I am s-sorry," I weakly mutter, leaning my head on hers, rocking our bodies together in comfort.

"Baby, I-I am sorry..." I mutter once more, unable to uncontrol my sobs. "If I knew, I wouldn't have let this happen. I love you...I fucking love you so much fuck, I need you, Kitten...Aria."

My life won't be the same without the woman I love. "I need you to come back to me...Please, baby," I place a wet kiss to the top of her head, my lips shakin as I do so. "No, no, no," I sob, shaking my head with heartbreak and sorrow.

Why would her mother do this?!

"Just, just-why?" I sob out, knowing Aria is the most sympathetic and generous person anyone could ever meet.

My Kitten.

My body is quivering, hopelessly with rage, distress, and unbearable anguish. "Kitten... I am sorry, so so so sorry," I sob, hugging her more established into my arms, wanting to be more closer to her.

All this is my fault.

Fuck.

"I love you, baby. I love you, Aria, so fucking much," I sniffle a cry, knowing that I am done for. I am broken.