Chapter 13: Stay awhile

Lorenzo takes charge, closing my side of the door after helping me.

We head towards Elite Suites, the luxurious hotel we'll be staying at, and I wonder how he can afford it, because this is one of the most luxurious and expensive hotels in New York City, but knowing Lorenzo, he'll find a way.

Walking towards the grand entries, two guards open the doors for us. Passing by departing and arriving guests and porters with carts, I take in the exude elegance of the hotel.

We approach the receptionist, and the lady immediately attends to us, seeming a bit nervous in Lorenzo's presence. I suppose he appears intimidating, but I doubt he'd harm her in front of everyone. Nonetheless, she hesitates and starts to say, "Sir-"

Lorenzo places his index finger up, and she immediately goes quiet. Damn, he's so bossy that he has the power over anyone. "Kitten, you had a long day; go have a seat in the lounge this will only take a second," so why can't I stay here? It's only a room we're getting.

Reluctantly, I nod, avoiding a pointless argument with him. "Sure," I mutter, heading towards the lounge, aware of his gaze following me.

Settling in a seat facing him, I watch as he converses with the receptionist, wondering what they're discussing since it seems more complicated than a simple room booking.

Feeling ignored by the world, I glance outside the glass, surprised that no one recognizes me or has reported me missing.

Three days have passed, and it's disheartening to think that nobody seems to care or notice my absence.

"Hey," I agile my head around, a bit frighten when Lorenzo touches my shoulder. "It's okay, it's me. I got our room let's go," he assures me and I stand, proceeding towards the elevator, the door closing behind us.

We stand silent, looking at the door, at least I am looking at the door because Lorenzo's eyes are watching me, and he's not willing to look away.

I turn to look at him giving him a smile, and he smiles back, keeping his eyes on my face, causing me to feel nervous under his gaze.

My mind continues to dwell on my thoughts from the lounge.

Why isn't anyone looking for me?

No one recognizes me. Didn't anyone make a missing person report?

It's been three days, and no one realizes that I am missing.

How could I not seem missing to no one when I am a socialized and outgoing person? Why wouldn't I come across anyone's mind after missing days ago?

I didn't realize I am crying until Lorenzo wipes away my tears with his thumb, then turn my face to look at him, his face showing no emotion, but his eyes show how concern he is about me, worried.

"Don't cry," he whispers softly, "I will make everything better," he reassures me then he hugs my small frame, and I lean my head on his firm chest, waiting until the door opens.

The door opens, and I step out, holding Lorenzo's hand tightly.

He steps next to me then we start ours towards our room.

When we arrive at our room door, Lorenzo opens it with his key card and we enter the room silently before I decide to speak. "I need a shower," I say, turning around and walking away toward the way I think is the bathroom when Lorenzo pulls me back into his arms, hugging me to his chest, making me suddenly feel safe and sound.

I slowly lift my eyes from looking at his shirt then carry them to his.

"Can I join you?" His voice is a cool whisper that holds more than just a simple question.