Chapter 18: Choice

Lorenzo and I leave the room, his hand firmly gripping my wrist as he guides me towards another doorway leading into the club.

My mind is still reeling from the fact that he intends to send me back home after murdering the men who are pursuing us.

The concept of being his submissive, of being completely devoted to him and doing whatever he desires because he owns me, had led me to believe that our relationship would last forever.

The past few days meant something to me, and I choose to stay.

After all it was my choice to give him myself.

Lorenzo had protected me when he didn't have to, earning my trust and making me hesitant to leave.

I don't want to leave him.

As he pulls me away, not once glancing in my direction, a voice filled with rage echoes through the club's loud music. "You motherfucker!"

Turning my head, I lock eyes with the man whom Lorenzo had punched earlier.

Shit.

He storms towards us, his pale face twisted with anger and violence. "You think you can punch me and get away that easily?!" He bellows, his fist clenched.

Meanwhile, Lorenzo releases my wrist and strides towards the approaching man, his tall frame looming over him.

In a desperate attempt to stop the impending fight, I reach out for Lorenzo's arm but miss by mere inches. "Lorenzo...?" I call out, not wanting him to engage in violence.

Above all, I don't want him to get hurt because of me. I've caused him enough pain already, even though all he has done is protect me.

He deserves so much more from me.

"Do you know how badly I wanted to fucking come back for you?" Lorenzo snarls, his deep voice fierce and dangerous, cracking his knuckles as veins throb in his neck.

My hand instinctively covers my mouth, watching as the man throws a punch at Lorenzo, urging me to retreat.

Lorenzo deftly dodges the attack, swiftly reciprocating with a vigorous punch to the man's face, sending him crashing to the floor with a resounding cry of pain.

Lorenzo approaches the fallen man, then kicks him in the stomach as he clutches it, groaning in agony.

Slowly, Lorenzo kneels down, seizing the man by the throat before standing upright, lifting him off the ground as he gasps for air.

Witnessing this scene triggers a distressing memory, and I step back, feeling as if I can't breathe, as if my breath is trapped in my throat. It's as if I'm reliving the moment when he choked me- it feels all too real.

My back collides with a nearby table, jolting me back to reality. Two men at the table briefly glance at me before redirecting their attention to the unfolding fight, causing me to turn my gaze towards Lorenzo, watching him rain heavy punches on the man's already bloodied face.

A crowd has gathered, enthralled by the violence, yet nobody makes an effort to intervene or stop the brutality.

Some of the people cheer and shout, their excitement palpable, seemingly entirely consumed by the spectacle, their indifference disturbing.

Lorenzo hurls the man into a table, causing it to collapse, and the injured man lands on his stomach, groaning in pain.

Lorenzo strides over to him as he lies on the floor, growling in agony. "Lorenzo!" I shout, desperately hoping he won't kill the man, even though a part of me believes he deserves every bit of it.