Chapter 33: Momma's visit

Lorenzo pulls his car at the front of my two-story house that I don't feel welcome to anymore. It does not feel like my home. The loving place I once loved, being loved by the people I loved, but now it's only my mom.

I didn't move to get out of the car, and neither did he. I have my reasons, but does he? My reason being, I don't want to leave him even though I have to. I love him more than anything, and I am willing to spend the little time I have with him.

There is complete, utterly silence between us, very loud and holds so much. I am not willing to break it, and it seems neither will he.

I only want to feel his presence for a bit longer before I lose him forever, it hurts thinking that. I chose him over my future and my home, and he still denied the offer.

Yesterday I thought I saw something in him. Something that made me believe he has some kind of inclination towards me. I saw something when I looked him in the eyes, and it felt as if I was staring inside his soul. I don't care what he says or is denying because I know he feels some towards me... I only need him to say it.

That's all I need him to do, to verify his feelings towards me.

"Goodbye, Lorenzo," I mutter, my voice fill with throes. "I am sorry it has to be like this," I don't even know why I'm even apologizing when he is on leaving me.

I pull my seat belt off and turn to open the door, glancing at him once more, seeing him staring straight ahead with no emotion whatsoever. I can not read him, like I always do.

He's not looking at me for the last?

I guess I thought wrong, he doesn't love me or feel anything for me, and it hurts so much.

My chest hurts.

My heart hearts.

Everything hurts!

Did nothing mean anything to him? After everything we've been through together! How am I supposed to live with that?

On of the hardest thing to face in life is falling in love with someone, and they turn to break your heart as if it is nothing. No one should face that. Not even me.

I step out of the car, my body fighting to stay, but I ignore it's protests, grabbing my bag from the seat, then close the door shut, swallowing tears that threaten to spill.

Sighing, I lick my bottom lip, then walk towards my house with a shattered heart.

I step up the steps and onto the porch the large brown door before me, waiting for me to go through and start my new life, forgetting all about this one.

My hands tremble their way to the doorbell, and I manage to press my finger against it at the same time Lorenzo speeds his car away. It feels like everything that kept me happy shatters into millions of pieces, leaving me in misery and agony.

He didn't even fucking look at me before he left. Leave me here! So much for loving my abductor! My fucking abductor!

Fuck!

God, I hate that I love him so freaking much, and he doesn't feel the same way about me!

All those times together is my whole world, and he leaves as if it was nothing! I want to scream in frustration and anger and bawl my eyes out for the rest of the day.

The door opens, and my mother comes into view, and she looks so astounded to see me here. Happy? I guess not.

"Hi, mom," I tell her in a low whisper.

She didn't seem like she was stressing over me after being missing for months, but she looks so good and healthy than I expected. I am happy that she if okay, though.