𑁍Chapter 33𑁍

Ryujin's POV

A week has passed, and Yuna and Kai are still missing. Where exactly are they? What if they marry somewhere?

"Hey! You are thinking again!" Chaeryeong said, snapping her finger directly in my face.

"I can't help it Chaeryeong, it is been a week and we have not heard anything about Yuna. They will force her to marry him, and what about us? What about me? I can't do anything but to wait for her here"

"If that happens, it is probably the hot topic right now," she responded.

Yeji put her arms around my shoulder and said, "She is right Ryujin, we know you can not stop thinking about her but you should be tough for Yuna, we will help you."

"Why do not we try to assist Jeongyeon unnie? She has a lot of connections here." she added.

"Yeji's right, we must ask a help, this not just a small matter, who knows what's happening to Yuna right now?" Lia said gloomily. I felt bad for her too because, like me, she is greatly affected by this situation...

We are here on the soccer field to rest and refresh our minds, and while the ambiance and weather are pleasant, I can not help but think.

And there is a moment of silence when we are all in a calming state. Lia stood up, caught our attention, and began to walk away.

Yeji was about to follow her, but Chaeryeong stops her, "Let her be alone Yeji."

"I hate seeing her like that, so let me comfort my baby."

"Fine," Chaeryeong replied.

And now there are only two of us left, and Chaeryeong speaks again. "I'm worried for her too... She looks so gloomy without Yuna's presence"

"Obviously, Yuna is her big baby."

Chaeryeong stood up and helped me, saying, "We should get going, it is getting hot here."

I just nodded, and we started walking wherever our feet led us. On our way, two girls stopped in front of us and looked up at me.

"Ryujin, where's Yuna?"

I looked up at Chaeryeong, who had a concerned expression. No one is aware of the situation, which is a good thing.

"Uhm, she has a sickness, so she has to stay in the house until she gets better." I lied to them with a smile.

"Ohh? But why did I see her with Kai in our wedding shop?

"What? When did you see them? Do you know where they are staying?"

"Um, no, but why is she with Kai? Are they getting married?"

"That's not important, where's the location of the wedding shop?"

"Just tell me first why they're together?"

I closed my knuckles to keep myself from strangling this girl's neck. Why did she just tell it??

I felt Chaeryeong hug my arms and say, "We do not have time for people sticking their noses in other people's business, so if you excuse us, we will go," and drags me away.

When we are a few meters away, I release Chaeryeong's hand from mine. "W-wait... I'm asking the location Chaery.. why did you drag me"

"We can just ask someone for that"

"But I don't know the girl"

"I know her and I hate her"

I raised my right brow in confusion, "And why is that?"

"She is well-known for her attitude toward interfering with other people's business. She enjoys gossiping."

"And expect news of Yuna's situation to spread now," she added.

"I know, so let us inform them about it."

Chaeryeong fished her phone from her pocket and dialed Yeji's number, but Yeji did not answer. Well, I think she's with Lia.

"Let us just say it when we see them."

"Yup"

I heave a deep sigh.

They have already started moving for the wedding, and I will do anything to stop them, even if it means taking their lives.

***

Lia's POV

"Will you stop walking now, baby?" Yeji softly said while still tailing me.

"No," I quickly respond.

I do not hear her footsteps anymore, indicating that she has stopped.

"I know a lot is running through your mind right now, but walking will not help you. It will only make you tired."

I stopped and face her... I noticed her concerned expression. "I want to unwind... and get physically tired so I can rest and sleep for a while."

"But Lia.."

"Leave me alone, Yeji. I want to be alone."

I have not been able to sleep properly since Yuna went missing. My thoughts were constantly drifting to the worst-case scenarios that Yuna could be experiencing right now.

Yeji stood in front of me, sighed, and said, "No, tell me, babe, how I can help you?"

I do not want her to be concerned about me.

"I am fine, baby. It is just that I have not gotten enough sleep, which is why I am acting this way. You do not have to worry about me."

With a shake of her head, she grabs my head and gently brings it to her chest. I can hear the beat of her heart, like a soft melody, and the warmth of her hugs wraps around me... this is my safe haven.

This time I can't stop myself but break down in her embraced.

"I know it is hard, which is why I am always here for you, especially in this type of situation, baby."

I gripped her shoulder tightly and cried even harder... it is so hard to pretend that everything is fine while going through this chaos, but... now I am wondering if we can save Yuna...

"Yejii... Save... Yunaa."

"I will... We will save her... Please stop crying. I do not want to see you cry. You look ugly when you cry," she said, caressing my head and calming me.

I am still hugging her and smiling slightly at her words. I cleared my throat to calm myself down. "You will not love me if I am ugly?"

She pulls away, takes hold of my chin, and raises my head. "No, I promise not to stop loving you." She responded and kissed my lips.

Yeji really knew how to make me feel better. I appreciate her so much.

Her phone rang, but she ignored it.

"Will not you answer it?"

"Yes... Let's go somewhere, so you can have peace of mind for a while" she declared and gently drag me.

I did not refuse and instead went with her. We all require this... Take a break from the struggle to improve our physical and mental health. This does not imply that we no longer care about Yuna.

We must be prepared for any circumstances and we will save her regardless.