𑁍CHAPTER 23𑁍

Yuna's POV

I am at Miihi's house right now. I am tired of being alone in my dorm, so I have decided to sleepover here. Anyway, it feels sad and empty there, and we are working on a project together, so I am here to finish it as soon as possible. I will stop explaining now because I am getting sleepy.

I looked at Miihi, who was doing her skincare routine.

"So? Have you studied for the upcoming exam?" I asked as I lay comfortably in her bed.

"Yes, but I am having trouble with physics and mathematics. It is just that... no matter what I do, I even imagine doing rituals in my mind to understand it, but nothing comes to mind," Miihi replied, facepalming.

I laughed at her. Gosh, I can relate to her. "Do not worry, Miihi. I suppose you are not alone in failing those subjects. HAHAHA."

"Lol, Yuna!" HAHAHA, let us just help each other pass those subjects. "In God's name, we will not fail," she said, winking.

I smiled. "Yes, in God's Name."

"Hmm," she hummed in response, lying beside me.

"Okay, what about your parents?" "Where are they?"

I sighed and gazed at the ceiling. "Ahm, they are sailing the world. "They are enjoying their lives while abandoning me here," I said bitterly.

"Oh, so you are living alone. How long?"

"Almost 4yrs. They are only financially supporting me."

"But are you guys still communicating?"

"Yes, via video call only."

"Do you have a sibling?"

"I am an only child, but I have Lia Unnie, and that is enough."

"Ahh, now I understand why you are like sisters HAHAHA."

"Yup"

I saw her yawn and rub her eyes.

Cute.

"I think this is the right time to sleep. HEHEHE good night."

"Yup, so good night," I said to her, about to close my eyes when my phone rang. Great timing.

"I am sorry," I said, getting up. I picked up my photo and saw Lia's phone number on my screen.

I answered the phone. "Yeah, what is up?"

["Where are you?"]

"I'm in a Miihi's house, why?"

["Just go outside, and I will pick you up. Okay? I will explain it to you later."]

"What? Hello? Hello?" She ended the call.

What in the hell is wrong with her?

I turned back to face Miihi. "I am sorry, but I need to leave."

"Why?" She questioned me, perplexed.

"Emergency happened," I said, picking up my jacket. "Goodnight, see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, be careful."

I simply smile at her in response. I am running downstairs.

I can feel my heart beating so quickly. Why am I having a bad feeling about this? I hope that nothing bad happens.

I would just gotten outside when Lia arrived. She parked her car on the side, and I hopped in.

"Yeah, what the hell is happening?" I asked her as I fastened my seatbelt.