𑁍Chapter 9𑁍

Lights were flooding through the window beside the bed. I woke up and felt something heavy on me. Yuna's half body is practically on me, her arms around my chest and her fingers touching the blade of my shoulder, her left legs are wrapping around my waist. Her face is snuggled on my neck and it sends tickle to my body.

I smiled out of the blue.

This is what I always dreaming of, waking up next to her is the only what I want every day. Could you please help me stop my father from carrying out his plan?

I sighed. I had no idea that arrange marriages still existed in this generation.

My phone vibrated, and I reached for it from there.

I received a text message from my father. I creased my brows in anger.

From Mr. Shin:

Go to my office later and we will talk about your wedding.

I gritted my teeth in anger.

He is serious about it, huh? I am too young to marry! I do not want to marry someone I did not love. Nobody can change the fact that Yuna is the only person I intend to marry!

Yuna awoke, and I was brought back to reality. She made her way up to the bed and is now sitting in my fucking lap, rubbing her eyes and yawning. So cute!

"Goodmorning"

She flashed me a smile. "Good morning," she said, lying on top of me again. She really enjoys being on my top, does not she?

We are currently cuddling in my bed. I stroked her hair and held her arms. "Have you slept well?"

She just hummed.

"So, what are you doing here anyway?"

"Well, Yeji unnie invited us to spend the night here," she responded.

"Oh, I see. So, why did not you use the guess room?"

"Well, Chaeryeong unnie said I should use your room, and I missed you, so I accepted her offer."

"And why is that?"

"Nothing, I just want to be in your room," she said with a big smile.

I focused my gaze on her eyes. "Or maybe you expected me to be here," I said, smirking.

"Yes," she said, then giggled. It is like music to my ears.

Suddenly, flashbacks appeared.

"You are getting married."

I lay besides her . I smiled but I didn't reach my eyes.

I seriously stared straight through her eyes. "Yuna" I called her and she just hummed at me.

"Always remember that no matter what happens, you are the only one I will love for the rest of my life," I said, my voice cracking. I pulled and scooped her up for a hug. "Saranghae," I said, starting to cry.

Destiny, why are you being so unfair! When I could be happy with Yuna, you just let this happen, huh? What did I do wrong? Is it wrong to love someone too much? So you do not want us together, either!

***

I'm here at the front of my office dad. There is no turning back. I am going to make him regret his stupid plan.

I did not knock before opening the door. I found my father, who appears to be busy with paperwork.

"Have not I taught you to knock first before entering?" He spoke in an authoritative time voice.

"Mr. Shin, it is over, because I am here to tell you that I will not be supporting your choices. I refuse to wed her." I approached his front table. His calm demeanor remains intact.

"Cancel that fucking wedding"

He looked at me and chuckled, "I am just doing you a favor, right? "You said you wanted to be with her, so why are you suddenly refusing?" He spoke with a smug expression on his face.

"That was in the past, I do not love her anymore, and you knew we were already broken up, so stop this fucking wedding. I do not want to marry my ex," I said seriously.

He stood up from his seat and looked at me. "Why are you so hardheaded, huh? You are going to marry her regardless of the past in order for me to take over their business."

He will take advantage of me for his own selfish gain.

"How about you marry her instead? Do not associate me with your greed!" I shouted. "Let me tell you this one more time, CANCEL THE WEDDING"

He gave me crazy fits of laughter. "If you think you can stop me, do not try it. Your time will be wasted."

His eyebrows quirked as he turned to face me. "All you need to do is get married to her. Is it really that difficult?"
He spoke and took off his glasses. "You know what? No one, including you, can change my mind."

I gave a scoff. "I assure you that no wedding will take place." I said, turning my back on him, but he continued talking.

"You seem to be really against this marriage, huh? Is that Shin Yuna to blame?"

I turned back to face him and stopped walking. His smug expression caught my attention. "Are you aware of the right thing I can do?"

"Do not even think about involving her!" My fist turned white as I clenched it in anger.

My blood begins to boil, and I can feel the fiery fury inside my body about to burst. I take a deep breath to help me relax. I won't let my anger dominate me. "I hate you! God knows how much I hate you. Why do you have to be my father?!"

He simply laughed evilly. "Why do you hate me so much? Is it because I am not treating you like my daughter, huh? Anyhow, you are to blame. I wish you had not been born if it meant your mother's life. The person I loved the most is already gone because of you. I hope it was you, not her, who passed away." He spoke with a great deal of hate.

"What made her decide to keep you alive?" With that, he sank back into his swivel chair.

He keeps blaming me for my mother's death, which hurts me deeply. I am his fucking child! His fucking daughter!

I looked at him with sadness in my eyes. "You are correct, I wish I had never been born. So I will never become attached to someone like you. I hate being your flesh and blood. It hurts to be your daughter! I fucking hate you, I really hate you!" I yelled at him, and my eyes are no longer sad, but filled with madness and hatred.

"Let me tell you something, Mr. Shin. It is not my fault either. That dumb marriage does not concern me. There will be no wedding."

I stopped in my tracks as I approached the door. "Once I leave this room, we are no longer connected. We are not, or at least we have never been, family," I remarked before heading outside.

I am crying and I am going outside this building, damn it. I could not get it to stop.

""What made her decide to keep you alive?

"What made her decide to keep you alive?"

Dad is right, why made her decide to keep me alive?

Mom, you should not allow me to live in this terrible world so I will not have to go through all of this!