𑁍Chapter 35𑁍

Heejin's POV

So, after a long rest, I am back. I got out of my car and adjusted my glasses to better see the high building in front of me.

"Huening's Corp"

"Finally, I am here," I muttered as I began to move into the building. As I passed by, everyone inside was staring at me.

A guy approaches and helps me. We got inside the elevator.

And after a few minutes, we are at the front door, which is probably his office.

When the door opened, I was greeted by his presence, his feet elevated above the study table and wearing his signature devilish smirk.

"It is good that you accepted my request. "Please have a seat," he said as he settled into his swivel chair.

"So formal, Kai, but before we start, please accept my gift."

"What is this?" He spoke as he approached the box. He checked it, and I chuckled.

"A small gift from me."

"Ohh is that so?" I observe him as he opens the small box. "A watch?" "Thanks," he said, wearing it right away.

I give a lopsided smile.

"So, the reason I invited you here is to discuss with you something."

"Hmm yeah, please continue," I replied, adjusting my eyeglasses. I know what it is, but I want him to say it himself so I can understand how desperate he is. I enjoy seeing people beg my help for something they want selfishly.

He cleared his throat before speaking, "Of course, investigate first before I come up with this idea, and I am confident you will agree to my offer."

"Do not prolong the conversation, spill it. I'm impatient"

"I want to succeed in my plan to take Yuna away, and I needed your help to make it happen. ylYou will be an excellent companion for this and the change. I will help you get Ryujin," he said seriously.

I look at him with the same tension his eyes do, so it's confirmed, Yuna is with him.

Yuna and Ryujin both have a suck life huh? Couple's goals?

I laughed sarcastically, "Alright, I will help you, but you have to make sure I will claim Ryujin after this because you know I am a tough competitor."

He smirked, but it was clear that he was nervous. This guy does not pose a threat in the same way that I do.

"Yeah, I know, that is why I teamed up with you for this because I am desperate to have her," he said, standing up and gesturing with his arms to shake my hand. I stood up as well and reached for his.

"Thank you, Heejin."

"My pleasure to be your companion, and Kai, I want to see Yuna."

"Sure, I will tell my bodyguard to take you there," he said, before pressing the voice intercom and saying something.

As I waited for that bodyguard, I wandered my eyes around his office again, and when my gaze landed on his door, it opened.

My jaw dropped when I saw a girl wearing a woman's tuxedo with sunglasses on.

It is been a long time, huh?

"So, you're Heejin, right? "Please follow me."

I shook my head to clear my mind and obeyed her.

I did not dare to look back at Kai because my eyes were fixed on her back.

As we walked through a parking lot, with only the sounds of our heels making a sound, a thousand memories came flooding back.

I could not understand how she became involved with this type of organization.

Why did not I keep an eye on her?

She opened the car door for me, paused, and inquired. "So, ma'am, do you want to go somewhere first before we head straight into the mansion?" She asked formally.

I did not respond and instead hopped into the car.

"Put your seatbelt on."

"Wait, why are you so damn formal? You do not recognize me anymore?"

She begins driving and ignores me.

"I am asking you," I said, slightly annoyed.

This time, she glanced at me and spoke up.

"As professional bodyguards, we are not supposed to discuss informal business with our clients. If you want to have a conversation, ask about our business."

"Whatever! Tell me where have you been? Why did you suddenly disappear?"

She chuckled, "It does not matter anymore I know what you have been doing, Heejin. All the hypocrisy just to reclaim Ryujin."

I glared at her, "So you have been watching me?"

"Yes! And I liked how you looked stupid.

"Shut up!"

"You shut up! You are stupid for doing everything just to get Ryujin back."

"Do not involve Ryujin in this! All I want to know is where you have been, Hyunjin."

She stopped driving and remove the seatbelt but before she leave the car, she said. "I have already addressed that. Do not ask me about it!"

I want to follow her, but I must put our relationship aside. I have some important things to do here.

So I went inside and asked where Yuna's room was.

I opened the door where Yuna was. And I saw her, her back turned to me, staring lifelessly at the glass wall. I can sense the presence of loneliness here.

"So you have been here for a while. How does it feel to be here?"

Yuna turned around and saw me. I noticed her face was messed up, with puffy and red eyes, messy hair, and she had lost weight. She looks horrible. She opened her mouth and was about to say something, but then turned her back on me.

"Good thing you're here huh, you must be excited about your wedding," I said and sit on the couch looking at her.

"Heejin, aren't you tired with your bullshit because I do"

I just chuckled at her. "Why would I? I like to see people suffer, you know? And Yuna, I have a small gift for your upcoming wedding."

I stood up beside her. She did not do anything but stare out the window.

I grab her right hand and open the palm. She flinched, but she did not stop me from continuing. She just observes what I am doing.

I placed a small box in her palm and said. "That is a necklace. Please wear it."

She stared at me and exclaimed. "Why would I?" She is about to throw the gift when I stop her.

"Just fucking wear it Yuna!" I screamed at her.

"I don't want!"

I gave her a light slap and gripped her jaw. "You should wear it. Now!"

She pushed me and did as I said.

I smirked. "Good girl."

Yuna laid on the bed and ignored me after wearing the necklace.

I sighed and made my way out of the room.

"You're really stupid"

After hearing Hyunjin say it, I turned to face her. She was leaning against Yuna's room wall, suggesting that she was listening outside.

I simply gave her a rolling look and walked away.